Samson Q2U Recording and Podcasting Pack Features:
- USB/XLR handheld dynamic microphone.
- Ideal for podcasting, live sound and music recording applications.
- USB output for connecting to any Mac or PC device.
- XLR output for connecting to any mixer/PA system.
- On/Off switch controls both USB and XLR audio output.
- 1/8" stereo headphone output with level control for zero-latency monitoring.
- Dual-color Power/Clip LED.
- Plug-and-play, no driver installation required.
- Compatible with most computer-based digital audio workstation software.
- USB bus powered via Mac, PC or iPad.
- Solid, die-cast construction with heavy gauge mesh grille.
- Includes mic clip, tripod stand, tripod stand extension, USB cable (2.25m) and XLR cable (3m).
- Samson Sound Deck Noise Cancellation Software (Mac OS X/Windows) available for purchase.
Overall, the Q2U provides significantly improved audio over a headset or your computer's internal microphone. The Q2U can be connected directly to your computer or mobile device via USB, or plugged directly into a mixer or audio interface with an XLR cable. You can also utilize both connections simultaneously for recording a live event or performance.
If you're looking to start a new podcast, the Q2U is the best choice for creating a production studio on a budget. Whether you're recording a solo broadcast on your laptop or multi-person interviews through a mixing desk, the Q2U delivers high-quality audio effortlessly with minimal setup. It even has a 1/8" (3.5mm) headphone output to monitor the audio you're capturing, as well as the audio from your computer.
A Stud in the Studio
The Q2U is a great mic for home recording. Its dynamic capsule is great for miking vocals, instruments and amplifiers. Onboard, high-quality analog-to-digital converters provide excellent audio reproduction. The Q2U's cardioid (unidirectional) polar pattern picks up sound from in front of the mic, while rejecting unwanted sound from the rear and sides. This minimizes the amount of ambient/room noise that is captured on your recordings.
Taking your podcast or recording on the road? The Q2U can be used with iPhones and iPads via Apple's Lightning to USB Camera Adapter or Android devices via a Host OTG cable. In addition, the Q2U's rugged handheld body is perfect for capturing interviews at press conferences, live events or on the street.
For convenient placement in front of your computer, the Q2U comes with a desktop tripod stand and extension piece. For use with this desktop stand or with any standard microphone stand, a mic clip is also included. A windscreen is also provided to minimize wind noise and plosives such as P-Pops. A 2.25m USB cable and 3m XLR cable complete the Q2U Recording and Podcasting Pack, including everything you need to get started on your next project.
Samson Sound Deck Software
Available as a paid download, the Samson Sound Deck Noise Cancellation Software brings noise cancellation technology for enhanced VoIP communication and computer recording to your Q2U. Sound Deck uses Digital Noise Reduction algorithms to minimize recurring background noise from loud environments, ensuring only clean, natural sounding vocals are received by your family, friends or business associates.