Be the first to review this product
Novation MiniNova Compact 37 Mini-Key Synthesizer
Most orders placed by 2pm ET ship in only 3-5 days (business days only).
Big Sound, small synth. Don't let its size fool you; MiniNova has the most powerful sound engine and effects of any micro synth. More polyphony, more filters, more effects, more modulation. Every sound has easy access to almost limitless variations, which you can subtly tweak or totally warp with the twist of a knob or the touch of a button. Create all the dirty-fat bass, soaring leads, lush pads and vintage sounds you could possibly want - but on a tough and compact 37 mini-key synth.
Novation MiniNova 37-Key Synthesizer Features:
- UltraNova Sound Engine: Our signature Nova-series synth-engine, capable of creating and editing massive sounds with up to 18 voices and powerful effects.
- VocalTune Vocoder: Create robotic and iconic vocals, or run your instruments through the effects engine.
- Tweak and Warp Sounds Live: Tweak your sounds in realtime with five knobs, or totally warp them eight 'Animate' buttons and oversized pitch and modulation wheels.
- 256 Awesome Onboard Sounds: Instantly search for sounds by type or musical genre, from bass to pad, hip hop to house. Store another 128 of your own sounds onboard, too.
- Layer Your Effects: Add up to five effects to each voice, including distortion, reverb, chorus/phase, delay, compressor, EQ and our very own gater 'stutter' effect
- Editing Software and Patch Librarian: Fully edit your synth and effects, and store as many sounds as you can fit on your Mac or PC
- Vintage Synth and Bass: Download regular free soundpacks created by eminent artists and sound designers.
- Trigger Software Instruments: Trigger external sound modules and connect larger keyboards, via the MIDI I/O.
- Find Your Sound Fast: MiniNova comes with 256 killer sounds, space to save another 128 of your own, and a Patch Librarian for loading and storing as many extra sounds on your computer as you'll ever need. That's a lot of choice, but you can easily search through them by selecting your style or music, or the type of sound you're after. Bass? Lead? Techno? Hip Hop? Whatever you're looking for, you'll find your sound fast. Don't worry if you're lacking inspiration: Novation is always releasing new free soundpacks for MiniNova, which Novation creates with renowned artists and sound designers.
- Create Unique Vocals: MiniNova's Vocoder comes with a secret weapon: VocalTune. Talk or sing into the mic, and your voice will automatically be tuned to the notes you play on the keyboard. Or, to do something totally unique with your voice, run it through the effects engine. Add reverb, distortion, chorus/phaser, gator compression or EQ - whatever you need to create attention-grabbing vocals, or recreate iconic vocal lines. Don't limit yourself to vocals either: Plug in your instrument or any audio source to do really cool stuff with MiniNova's VocalTune, vocoder, filters and effects.
- Animate and Arpeggiate: Switch to 'Animate' mode and press one of the eight backlit buttons to trigger awesome performance functions. Switch to 'Arpeggiator' mode to jam with arpeggiator rhythms in realtime, using the buttons to edit the arpeggiator step sequencer so you can switch steps in and out.
- Editing software included: You can fully edit MiniNova using the hardware, but it can be a bit overwhelming. That's why Novation has created the MiniNova Editor: software that gives you visual access to your synth engine within your music software or DAW, to make it much easier to see what you're doing.
Novation MiniNova Specifications:Utility, display and patch select controls
16 character custom LCD
1x large detented patch select encoder
1x patch sort switch
1x volume dial
1x detented data encoder
5x navigation/utility buttons
2x patch navigation buttons
Pitch wheel (LED lit)
Modulation wheel (LED lit)
37 note keyboard with velocity
4x smooth edit/performance pots
1x large smooth filter pot
1x six position parameter selector switch
6x parameter indicator LEDs
8x three-colour, back-lit animate/arpeggiator/favourite patch-select buttons
2x animate/arpeggiate LED indicators
1x back-lit 'hold' button
1x animate/arpeggiator/favourite patch toggle switch
1x 'favourite' patch select button
1x arpeggiator tempo control pot
1x arpeggiator tempo indicator LED
2x back-lit arpeggiator control encoders
2x back-lit octave select buttons
Inputs, Outputs, rear panel
XLR dynamic mic input
1x 1/4" jack inputs
2x 1/4" jack outputs
1x 1/4" jack headphone output
Sustain pedal on 1/4" jack input
12 volt power input
USB/DC/off power switch
USB B 2.0 (MiniNova can be powered via USB)
Kensington security slot
Up to 18 note polyphony (dynamic voicing)
1x noise generator
2x ring modulators
Square, sine, tri, sawtooth, pulse, 9x saw:pulse combinations
20x digital waveforms
2x filters per patch
low pass no resonance 6dB per octave
low pass 12dB
low pass 18dB
low pass 24dB
band pass 6:6
band pass 6:12
band pass 12:6
band pass 6:18
band pass 18:6
band pass 12:12
high pass no resonance 6dB per octave
high pass 12dB
high pass 18dB
high pass 24dB
20 modulation slots per patch
6x envelope generators
Aftertouch (Supported in the engine. Note, keyboard does not generate aftertouch)
Total of 66 Destinations including
Oscillator pitch, pulse width, wavetable index, level and sync
Filter cutoff, resonance, envelope settings
USB bus powered
9V DC power supply included
Maximum power consumption 9V DC 300mA
Unboxed: 560mm (22.04") length x 250mm (9.84") depth x 75mm (2.95") height
Boxed: 615mm (24.21") length x 345mm (13.58") depth x 115mm (4.52") height
Each MiniNova Retail Box Includes:
(1) Novation MiniNova Compact 37 Mini-Key Synthesizer
(1) Gooseneck microphone
(1) DC power supply unit (PSU)
(1) USB cable
(1) Software download card and Warranty Registration card
(1) This manual