Be the first to review this product
Roland T-8 AIRA Compact Beat Machine
Questions? Call 1-800-355-7746 or Chat below
Create infectious tracks in seconds flat with the T-8 Beat Machine, a miniature rhythm factory loaded with legendary Roland TR drums plus bass from the inimitable TB-303. Craft on-the-fly acid jams or trap bangers with the intuitive 16-step sequencer, shape sounds with onboard controls, and flip and dice beats with hands-on tools that stimulate ideas and put the fun back into your flow. Build beats with the boom, pop, and sizzle of sounds from the TR-808, TR-909, and TR-606 drum machines, paired with the shapeshifting low end of the dynamic TB-303 Bass Line. The T-8 exudes classic Roland character, thanks to the same Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) tech found in the TR-8S, TB-3, and other high-end AIRA gear. Loaded with comprehensive I/O, the T-8 is ready to be the rhythmic centerpiece of any electronic music setup. Connect and sync with other AIRA Compacts like the J-6 Chord Synthesizer and E-4 Voice Tweaker. Or interface with computer DAWS, mobile music apps, and hardware instruments via USB-C or MIDI.
The T-8 features six drum tracks and one bass track brought together with a friendly interface for fast recording and hands-on tweaks. Capture and fire off 64 patterns with up to 32 steps each, and shape sounds and control parts as you go with an array of dedicated knobs and buttons. Backed by the TR-REC step sequencer loved by beatmakers since the 1980s, the T-8 makes it simple to develop ideas without ever stopping the action. Real-time recording, sub steps, and velocity further expand the programming power at your fingers. And with deep features like step loop, pattern shift, and probability, it's easy to deliver dynamic performances with constantly evolving grooves. The T-8 delivers an authentic TB-303 bass experience, including the tactile power to squeeze, squelch, and mangle sounds in the moment. Record notes, accents, and slides with traditional step-based input, or play in parts live with the bottom-row buttons or an external MIDI keyboard.
Create grit, space, and vibe with the T-8's high-quality effects. Dirty up rhythms and bass with some meaty overdrive, and keep the beats pumping with sidechain compression. And with dedicated delay and reverb knobs, you can add all sorts of spatial colors to grooves as you perform. Instilling big sound in an ultra-compact instrument, the T-8 lets you play and perform wherever and whenever you please. The lithium-ion battery keeps you going for up to 4.5 hours per charge, and rugged Roland build quality will fuel beatmaking adventures for years to come.
Roland T-8 AIRA Beat Machine Features:
- Ultra-portable rhythm and bass machine with genuine Roland sounds.
- Six rhythm tracks with sounds from the influential TR-808, TR-909, and TR-606 drum machines.
- Bass track with sawtooth/square waveforms and hands-on controls derived from the TB-303 Bass Line.
- Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology faithfully recreates the tonality and behavior of vintage Roland instruments.
- Classic TR-REC drum sequencer with 64 user patterns and up to 32 steps each.
- Advanced rhythm programming with probability, sub step, last step, and velocity.
- Real-time recording and powerful performance features like step loop, mute, fill, reload, and pattern shift.
- Color and process sounds with delay, reverb, overdrive, and sidechain compression.
- Comprehensive connectivity with audio, MIDI, and sync I/O plus AIRA Link .
- Class-compliant USB-C audio/MIDI interface—no drivers needed.
- Lithium-ion battery with up to 4.5 hours of operation per charge.
- Sturdy construction and high-quality rubber pads.
- Connect to other AIRA Compacts and standard MIDI devices with optional BOSS TRS MIDI cables.
Roland T-8 Product Specifications:
|Step Sequencer||Rhythm instrument parts x 6
Bass part x 1
|INST tone||BASS DRUM
|Effects||DELAY, REVERB, OVERDRIVE, SIDE CHAIN|
|Display||7 segments, 4 characters (LED)|
|Connectors||SYNC (IN, OUT) jacks: Mini phone type
MIX (IN, OUT) / PHONES jacks: Stereo mini phone type
MIDI (IN, OUT) jacks: Stereo mini phone type
USB port: USB Type-C (Audio, MIDI)
|Power Supply||Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Obtained via USB port (USB bus power)
|Current Draw||500 mA|
|Expected battery life under continuous use||Approx. 4.5 hours
These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
|Expected battery charging time||Approx. 3 hours
To charge the unit, use the USB port of a computer or a commercially available USB power supply adaptor (5 V, 500 mA or higher).
|Dimensions||188 (W) x 106 (D) x 36.2 (H) mm
7-7/16 (W) x 4-3/16 (D) x 1-7/16 (H) inches
|Weight (including batteries)||310 g
|Accessories||Leaflet "Read Me First"
USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable
Each T-8 Retail Box Includes:
(1) Roland T-8 AIRA Compact Beat Machine
(1) Leaflet "Read Me First"
(1) USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable