Be the first to review this product
Novation Bass Station II Analogue Monosynth Synthesizer
Most orders placed by 2pm ET ship in only 3-5 days (business days only).
Novation Bass Station II Monosynth Features:
- Circuit Mono Station: Originating from the Bass Station II, Circuit Mono Station is a paraphonic analogue synthesizer that benefits from Circuit flow.
- Create a huge variety of sounds: Two pure analogue, sync-able and tuneable oscillators with four selectable waveforms, plus a third sub-oscillator, noise and ring modulation.
- Enormous bass and shrieking leads: Switch the multi-mode Classic Filter between low, hi and band pass with 12 and 24dB slopes.
- Improved analogue filter stage: A 24dB Acid Filter that is even darker, wetter and smoother than the Classic.
- Turn Jekyll to Hyde: Create crunchy, aggressive sounds with fully analogue distortion, filter-modulation effects and a separate filter overdrive.
- Easily load and save patches: Comes with 64 patches that cover a huge range of styles, but you can create, save, archive and swap 64 of your own too.
- Get instant inspiration: Record notes, ties, rests and rhythms in real time using the step sequencer and arpeggiator, then easily store them, recall them and use them with any patch you like.
- Experiment easily: Get your hands on loads of controls, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing.
- Flexible modulation: Triangle, sawtooth and square LFO waveforms, as well as sample and hold, and two ADSR envelopes for filter, pitch and pulse width modulation.
- Connect to hardware and software: Connect and sync to your music software and MIDI-compatible hardware.
- Player's Keyboard: Full sized 25-note velocity-sensitive keyboard, with a fast synth-action and aftertouch.
- Store unlimited sounds: Keep as many patches as you like on your Mac or PC using the Librarian Software.
- The polysynth to rival all: Originating from the Bass Station II, Peak is an eight-voice desktop polyphonic synthesizer with three New Oxford Oscillators, a resonant multi-mode analogue filter for each voice, and three distortion points in an analogue signal chain. The perfect way to complement your Bass Station II
- Much More Than Bass: This synth can sound as mellow or aggressive as you want. Seek out sweet spots with the filter mod to make it sing. Crank the distortion and it will growl with pent up anger. Push the resonance to self oscillation to create shrieking leads. Bass Station II can sound however you feel.
- Easy Controls for Complex Design: Novation put as many controls as possible onto Bass Station II, so you can totally lose yourself in discovering and creating new sounds. Of course, Novation also laid out all those controls in the clearest and most useful way, to keep sound design as straightforward and fun as possible.
- Save and Load Patches: Novation has loaded Bass Station II with 64 diverse patches that showcase its huge sonic variation. Novation also left 64 slots free, so you can easily save and load your own patches on the unit, or in the free librarian software.
- Instant Inspiration: Bass Station II's pattern-based arpeggiator and step sequencer are a fun and immediate way to find new inspiration. The sequencer lets you record your own notes, ties, rests and rhythms in real time, then store them, recall them and use them with any patch you like. Easily and automatically sync them to your music software or hardware setup, or even add swing to get your groove going.
- Connect to Just About Anything: Bass Station II is fully class compliant, so you can plug into anything via USB and start playing. It also has MIDI I/O on 5 pin din ports, so you can connect your other MIDI gear. You can even connect an external instrument and run it through Bass Station II's analogue filter and effects.
Novation Bass Station II Specifications:Hardware & controller assignment
25 note synth-action keyboard
Aftertouch can be assigned to modulate:
LFO 1to Osc pitch
Osc 2 speed
Modulation wheel can be assigned to:
LFO 2 to filter frequency
LFO 1 to Osc pitch
Osc 2 pitch
Octave up/ down buttons
64 factory presets
64 slots for user patches (and patch dump facility for storing more)
Master volume dial
Inputs and Outputs
USB 2 socket for MIDI (for connecting & powering Bass Station II via host computer)
Mono output on 1/4" TRS jack
Headphone output on 1/4" TRS jack
External input on 1/4" TRS jack
Sustain pedal input on 1/4" TS jack
MIDI IN / MIDI OUT ports on 5 pin din
DC power input
Switch between power off / DC powered / bus powered
Sub Osc (3)
Osc 1 & 2 (Select between waveforms):
square/variable pulse width
Synth Engine Osc 1 & 2 Features
Sync 1 & 2
Pitch modulation from Mod Envelope and/or LFO 1
Pulse width modulation from Mod Envelope and/or LFO 2
Sub Osc (3) which is tracked to Osc 1 (Select independently between waveforms):
Synth Engine Sub Osc (3) Features:
All modulation and tuning tracked to Osc 1
Independent octave select
Osc 1 level
Osc 2 level
Sub Osc level
Noise generator level
Ring modulation depth
External signal level
Two filter types
USB bus powered
9V DC power supply included
Maximum power consumption 9V DC 300mA
457mm (18") width x 273mm (10.75") depth x 76mm (3") height
macOS 10.12 Sierra
Mac OSX 10.11
Mac OSX 10.10
Mac OSX 10.9
(1) Novation Bass Station II Analogue Monosynth Synthesizer
(1) DC power supply unit (PSU)
(1) USB cable
(1) Registration card, also providing on-line access to: Loopmasters Sample Content and Ableton Live Lite
(1) User manual