Be the first to review this product
Mackie DRM18S 2000W 18" Professional Powered Subwoofer
Questions? Call 1-800-355-7746 or Chat below
DRM Series Professional Powered and Passive Subwoofers deliver high-performance, crystal-clear sound with the rugged construction and reliability that that professional production and install customers demand. Powered models feature Advanced Impulse DSP that provides acoustic correction and time-alignment and the DRM Control Dashboard, a full-color display on the back panel for quick and easy setup with extensive tuning options. Custom transducers housed in touring-grade plywood cabinets are designed for consistent performance in the most demanding applications. Equipped with M10 flypoints, dual angle pole mounts, and available line array configurations - the DRM Series is perfect for DJs, clubs, houses of worship, rental systems and more.
Mackie DRM18S 18" Powered Subwoofer Features:
- High-efficiency 2000W Class-D amplifier offers ample headroom for professional applications.
- Universal power supply (100-240 VAC) with Power Factor Correction technology ensures consistent performance even with unstable AC power.
- Next-gen protection circuitry keeps transducers safe and ensures peak performance in all applications.
- Advanced Impulse DSP Module.
- Precision acoustic correction delivers reference quality sound that is consistent even at high SPL.
- DRM Control Dashboard features a high-resolution full color display for easy single-knob access to configuration, processing, and more.
- View current crossover setting, high-resolution metering, and more from a single overview window.
- User adjustable variable crossover point allows for matching to any speaker system plus a DRM specific mode tailors DRM18S for full-range DRM Subwoofers.
- Save and recall up to 6 user presets for various applications and venues.
- Cardioid mode allows for easy setup of a directional subwoofer array.
- Screensaver plus dimmer and contrast control.
- Polarity Invert.
- Alignment Delay control for delay stacks.
- System lock with 4-digit passcode.
- Dual independent input channels with Full-Range Direct and High-Pass outputs.
- Premium components.
- Road-worthy 18mm plywood construction and internal bracing offers optimal acoustic performance with a touring-grade textured coating and powder-coated heavy gauge steel grille.
- 18" High-excursion woofer offers increased bass response, low distortion, and professional reliability to withstand the most demanding applications.
- Acoustic design with no compromises.
- DRM18S is acoustically designed with ample internal volume and precision tuned ports to naturally deliver the bass you need with minimal distortion.
- Versatile configuration options.
- Flyable via optional FB100 Fly Bar and FKDRM18S Flyware Kit.
- M20 threaded pole attachment for use with DRM Series Subwoofers and other pole mountable Subwoofers.
- Max SPL: 135 dB.
- Weight: 90 lb / 40.8 kg.
With up to 2300W of pure, efficient Class-D power, DRM Series Loudspeakers have the headroom to handle the most demanding applications. And to ensure the best performance possible, Power Factor Correction technology keeps the system running perfectly even with unstable AC power.
Advanced Impulse DSP
Utilizing the latest speaker processing technology, Advanced Impulse DSP takes advantage of powerful FIR filters, transducer time-alignment, and precision crossovers to deliver unmatched clarity and responsive low end.
Mackie's filtering technology is not your typical speaker processing. The goal of our Advanced Impulse DSP is to remove all the anomalies that loudspeakers and horns contribute to a signal, from "honkiness" or "squelch" to "mushy" low end, effectively making the drivers "invisible" and output nothing but perfect, clean sound. By more intelligently (and more thoroughly) employing the benefits of FIR filtering, Advanced Impulse DSP eliminates undesired acoustic anomalies across the entire dispersion zone (horizontal and vertical), as well as frequency range and time domain. The main way this is accomplished is by measuring the negative frequency response and time domain impacts that each transducer and horn in the system introduces - on axis as well as off - and reversing/correcting for those anomalies before the signal hits the speaker. The result is the output from the speaker is fully corrected for flat, clear, time-aligned, and smooth sound throughout the entire time, space, and response domains.
DRM Control Dashboard
When you need to get your system up and running, having gear that is fast and easy to configure matters. Every model features our DRM Control Dashboard on the rear panel. Featuring a bright, full-color display, and a single knob control interface, DRM Series loudspeakers are incredibly easy to get sounding perfect for your venue.
The SP260 2x6 Speaker Processor - The Heart of Your Mackie Loudspeaker System
Offering sophisticated EQ, crossover, dynamics processing and system protection, the Mackie SP260 2x6 Speaker Processor provides complete system optimization for both passive and powered systems. Five different operating modes cover a wide range of systems. Each input and output is loaded with a huge range of processing including flexible EQ, crossover, delay and limiting solutions, as well as the all-new DRM powered voicing curves (available for download in January 2019, and in all future production models). It delivers everything you need to professionally optimize loudspeaker systems of nearly any size. The SP260 utilizes high-end 24-bit AKM AD/DA converters with 120dB dynamic range for class-leading sound quality. With 24 user-definable presets and flexible I/O for simple routing and configuration, the SP260 is an ultra-flexible processor, ideal for a wide range of portable and permanent applications.
Custom high-sensitivity woofers and titanium diaphragm compression drivers housed in braced plywood cabinets are designed for consistent performance in the most demanding applications. On the exterior, each DRM is covered in a touring-grade textured coating and paint that is made to last. The unique ported design of DRM cabinets allows for punchy, responsive bass while simultaneously helping to keep the amplifier cool.
DRM Series Loudspeakers offer all the configuration options you would expect for professional applications. Equipped with M10 flypoints, dual angle pole mounts, and available line array configurations for maximum versatility. Both the DRM212 and DRM215 feature angled cabinet designs to allow for use as high-powered floor monitors.
Not only is the DRM Series an amazing choice for DJs, bands, clubs, and rental systems, the series also offers solutions for production and install applications. Fly up to 4 DRM12A cabinets plus 2 DRM18S subwoofers for an incredibly powerful, great sounding system that is perfect for venues, houses of worship, and more. Combine with the SP260 Loudspeaker Processor for the ultimate Mackie passive system.
Mackie DRM18S Powered Subwoofer Specifications:
Acoustic Performance Frequency Range (-10 dB): 30 Hz - 120kHz Frequency Range (-3 dB): 35 Hz - 160 kHz Maximum SPL Peak: 135 dB Transducers Low Frequency: 18" / 475 mm woofer with ferrite Power Amplifiers System Power Amplification Rated Power: 2000 watts peak Low Frequency Power Amplifier Rated Power: 2000 watts peak Low Frequency Power Amplifier Rated THD: < 1% Low Frequency Power Amplifier Cooling: Convection Low Frequency Power Amplifier Design: Class D System Processing Subwoofer Mode: Normal / Invert X-Over DRM Top / Var Cardioid: Front / Reard Delay: 0 - 100 ms Input / Output Input Type: 2x Female XLR Balanced and 1/4" Balanced Mic-Line Impedance: 8 kΩ balanced Direct Out and High-Pass Out: Male XLR Balanced Mix Out Impedance: 600 Ω balanced Main Control: Rotating Knob Line Input Power Detachable line cord: ~100 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz, 110W
~220 - 240 VAC, 50 - 60 Hz, 110W
AC Connector: 3-pin IEC 250 VAC, 10 A male Power Supply Type: Switchmode Safety Features Input Protection: Peak and RMS limiting, power supply and amplifier thermal protection Display LEDs: Defeatable front power, Speaker Control Status Info: Input and output levels, subwoofer mode, crossover, cardioid mode and delay setting Construction Features Basic Design: Rectangular Enclosure Material: 18 mm Plywood Enclosure Finish: Black Polyurea Grille Material: 16 - 18 gauge perforated steel Grille Finish: Powder-coated black Handles: One on each side Display LEDs Front: Power ON Display LEDs Rear: Speaker Control Operating Temperature: 0-40 °C
Shipping: Packed and shipped with TLC from idjnow HQ, Ronkonkoma, NY. Height: 23.3" / 592 mm Width: 23.0" / 584 mm Depth: 31.1" / 790 mm Weight: 90.0 lb / 40.8 kg
(1) Mackie DRM18S 2000W 18" Professional Powered Subwoofer
(1) Power Cord
(1) Owner's manual