Be the first to review this product
Shure ULX2/BETA87A=-G3 Handheld Transmitter with BETA87A Microphone System (G3 Band)
Questions? Call 1-800-355-7746 or Chat below
With an interchangeable BETA87A microphone cartridge, the ULX2/BETA87A features clear channel transmission and great flexibility.
Note: When purchasing separate wireless components, please match their frequency bands to ensure proper system operation.
Shure ULX2/BETA87A=-G3 Handheld Transmitter System (G3 Band) Features:
- Works with ULX Wireless Systems.
- Offers up to 9 hours of continuous battery life with 9V alkaline battery.
- Includes ULX2/BETA87A, 9V battery, microphone clip, grip/switch cover, zipper bag, and user guide.
- Power: On/Off switch, battery.
- LED: green when on, red when battery low.
- Three-segment battery power icon.
- PEAK icon appears when audio signal overloads.
- Group/channel displays.
- SET button for saving settings.
- Adjustable audio gain control.
- 4-pin mini connector.
- Battery cover unscrews to expose battery and gain control.
BETA 87A Vocal MicrophoneFor studio-quality sound in live performance, a smooth, tailored response for warm, accurate sound.
The Shure BETA87A is a premium quality supercardioid hand-held electret condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level capability. Used for professional sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording applications, the Beta 87A combines superb performance with the ruggedness needed for touring and field production.
The Beta 87A features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximity effect and prevents the "boomy" sound often associated with close pick-up. The characteristic Shure presence rise brightens the upper midrange. The tight supercardioid pattern, with null points at approximately 125 degrees, provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration. The Beta 87A operates on phantom power.
BETA 87A Vocal Microphone Features:
- Smooth frequency response with gradual presence rise.
- Highly consistent supercardioid polar pattern provides superior gain-before-feedback.
- Electronic low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect.
- Wide dynamic range (117 dB) and low distortion characteristics.
- Very low susceptibility to RFI and electromagnetic hum.
- Advanced cartridge shock-mount system absorbs mechanical shocks and reduces handling noise.
- Built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath sounds.
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability.
Shure ULX2/BETA87A=-G3 Specifications:
RF Carrier Range
470,000–865,000 MHz, varies by region
100 m (300 ft) typical
Note: Actual range depends on RF signal absorption, reflection and interference.
Audio Frequency Response
25 Hz – 15 kHz, ±2 dB
Note: Dependent on microphone type
±38 kHz deviation compressor-expander system with pre- and de-emphasis
>100 dB, A-weighted
80 dB, typical
1.26 µV for 12 dB SINAD, typical
75 dB, typical
Ref. ±38 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone
>105 dB, A-Weighted
Total Harmonic Distortion
Ref. ±38 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone
Operating Temperature Range
-20°C (-4°F) to 49°C (120°F)
Note: Battery characteristics may limit this range.
Positive pressure on microphone diaphragm (or positive voltage applied to tip of WA302 phone plug) produces positive voltage on pin 2 (with respect to pin 3 of low-impedance output) and the tip of the high impedance 1/4-inch output.
8 to 9 hours (9 V alkaline)
Gain Adjustment Range
With SM87/BETA 87: 223 x 51 mm (8.8 x 2 in.), L x Dia.
With SM87/BETA 87: 258 g (9.1 oz.) without batteries
9 V alkaline
RF Output Power
30 mW maximum
varies by region
Configuration: Unbalanced, active
Impedance: 20 kΩ
Maximum Input Level (1 kHz at 1% THD): 12 dBV (10 Vp-p)
BETA 87A Vocal Microphone Specifications:Type
50 to 20,000 Hz
EIA rated at150 Ω(100 Ωactual)
at 1kHz,open circuit voltage
-52.5 dBV/Pa(2 mV)
1 kHz at 1% THD,1 kΩ load
Ref. 94 dB SPL at 1 kHz
at 1kHz,1 kΩ load
1 kHz at 0.25% THD,1 kΩ load
-6 dBV (0.5 V)
typical,equivalent SPL, A-weighted
Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
0.207 kg(0.475 lbs)
Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male, balanced
Aluminum construction with painted blue metallic finish, and hardened steel grille with nickel satin chrome plating
11 to 52 V DCphantom power (1.2 mA)
Each ULX2/BETA87A=-G3 Retail Box Includes:
(1) Shure ULX2 Wireless (G3 Band)
(1) BETA 87A Vocal Microphone
(1) 9V battery
(1) Microphone clip
(1) Grip/switch cover
(1) Zipper bag
(1) User guide