Be the first to review this product
Shure KSM9/CG Dual Pattern (Cardiod/Supercardiod) Condenser Handheld Vocal Microphone in Charcoal
Questions? Call 1-800-355-7746 or Chat below
The KSM9 is a premium vocal condenser microphone that captures vocal subtlety with extraordinary detail to deliver clear articulation, functional flexibility, and precise vocal reproduction for live performance.
Engineered to exacting standards, the KSM9 reveals nuance and subtlety in a microphone optimized for the most demanding live environments. With its dual diaphragm design and switchable polar patterns (supercardioid/cardioid), the KSM9 is the choice for the world's most accomplished vocal performances.
KSM9 microphones offer exceptional consistency across all frequencies, providing more gain before feedback, while decreasing proximity effect. As the premier choice in handheld wireless microphone options for Axient, UHF-R, and ULX-D, KSM9 microphones are built to exacting Shure endurance standards, renowned worldwide and proven night after night, center stage.
Shure KSM9/CG Dual Pattern Condenser Handheld Vocal Microphone Features:
- Exceptional consistency across all frequencies, providing more gain before feedback, while decreasing proximity effect.
- Dual gold layered, low-mass Mylar diaphragm design.
- Switchable polar patterns (supercardioid and cardioid.)
- Premium electronic components including Class A transformerless preamplifier circuitry.
- Gold-plated internal and external connectors, including XLR Output Durable aluminum housing.
- Available as wireless handheld transmitter SKUs.
- Zippered carrying case.
- Extremely uniform polar response.
- Extended frequency response.
- Minimal self-noise.
- Exceptional low-frequency reproduction.
- Able to withstand high SPLs.
- High output level.
- No crossover distortion.
- Superior common-mode rejection and suppression of radio frequency interference (RFI.)
- Dual 3/4" gold layered, low-mass Mylar diaphragms provide superior frequency response and proximity control.
- Dual polar patterns (cardioid and supercardioid) for maximum flexibility in a wide variety of performance applications.
- Class A, discrete, transformerless preamplifier for transparency, extremely fast transient response and no crossover distortion, while minimizing harmonic and inter-modulation distortions.
- Advanced suspension shock mount system that isolates cartridge from handling and stand noise.
- Subsonic filter eliminates rumble from mechanical vibration below 17 Hz.
- Premium electronic components, including gold-plated internal and external connectors.
- Integrated three-stage "pop" protection grille reduces plosives, wind, and other breath noise.
The KSM9 is designed to capture and control the detailed sonic nuances of critical studio performance, while withstanding the punishment of professional live sound reinforcement. The frequency response of the two patterns are nearly identical, allowing performers to easily adapt to any venue.
The cardioid pick-up pattern is ideal in live performances for musicians with in-ear monitors, providing a warm, full sound. This setting provides excellent gain before feedback, with minimal off-axis coloration.
The supercardioid pick-up pattern provides maximum sound isolation and is ideal for applications in which there are high levels of ambient noise, or where multiple instruments or vocalists are close together.
Shure KSM9/CG Specifications:
Cartridge Type: Electret Condenser
Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Supercardioid (selectable)
Frequency Response: 50 to 20,000 Hz
Output Impedance: 150 Ω
Sensitivity: (open circuit voltage, @ 1 kHz, typical) −51 dBV/Pa (2.8 mV)
(1 kHz at 1% THD)
2500 Ω load: 152 dB SPL
1000 Ω load: 152 dB SPL
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 72 dB
(@ 1 kHz)
2500 Ω load: 130 dB
1000 Ω load: 130 dB
(20 Hz to 20 kHz, 1% THD)
2500 Ω load: 6.7 dBV
1000 Ω load: 6 dBV
Self Noise: (equivalent SPL, A-weighted, typical) 22 dB SPL-A
Common Mode Rejection: (10 to 100,000 Hz) ≥60 dB
Connector: Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male, balanced
Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
Power Requirements: 11 to 52 V DCphantom power (IEC-61938) 5.2 mA, maximum
Net Weight: 300 g (10.6 oz.)
Each Shure KSM9/CG Retail Box Includes:
(1) Shure KSM9/CG Dual Pattern (Cardiod/Supercardiod) Condenser Handheld Vocal Microphone in Charcoal
(1) Microphone Clip
(1) Zippered carrying case