Be the first to review this product
QSC KW152 1000 Watt 15" 2-way Active Speaker
Questions? Call 1-800-355-7746 or Chat below
The KW122 and KW152 feature a unique Tilt-Direct pole cup mounting system. A simple turn of the dial engages a 7.5 degree downward tilt of the speaker allowing acoustic energy to be kept on the audience and off reflective surfaces for applications where maximum coverage from a high-positioned speaker is desired. Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple KW Series speakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity. KW Series is designed to withstand the rigors of professional use. Advanced construction processes, premium-grade Baltic birch cabinetry, ergonomic, cast aluminum handles, low-noise casters (KW181) and a highly protective steel grille provide for ease of transport and long term durability. Integrated M10 suspension points allow for flown applications with a KW M10 KIT (sold separately) and a threaded pole receptacle (KW181) provides for a positive, wobble free connection to a threaded speaker pole (included). Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both Mic and Line Level input while a set of RCA phono inputs (except KSub) allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for "daisy-chaining" of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
QSC KW152 15" Active Speaker Features:
- 15" Woofer; 1.75" diaphragm compression driver.
- 60° Nominal coverage angle.
- Maximum SPL 133 dB peak.
- 1000 watt Class D power modules in all models (2 x 500 W continuous).
- Onboard mixer with two combo XLR and ¼" inputs, and stereo RCA inputs, (three audio input sources); two direct channel outputs and single summed balanced output.
- Extensive DSP featuring DEEP and Intrinsic Correction enhances system performance.
- DMT (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field.
- Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosures.
- Four-position Mic/Line gain (full-range models).
- Tour-grade 16 gauge steel grilles.
- Comfortable ergonomic handles.
- 35 mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct.
- M10 rigging points for suspended installation.
- Defined Coverage Area: Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.
- Intrinsic Correction, first featured in our high-end line array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
- DEEP and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
- GuardRail protection, first introduced on our GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.
- DEEP: Sophisticated digital signal processing provides greater low-frequency extension while precisely protecting the woofer from over-excursion.
- DMT: Directivity Matched Transition matches the HF coverage angle to the natural coverage angle of the woofer for uniform frequency response over the entire coverage area.
- Conical Wave Guide: The conical wave guide eliminates the phase distortions of typical asymmetric horns for more natural reproduction.
- 1000 Watts: The same state of the art, light-weight Class D amplifier module powers all the K & KW Series models.
- EQ Modes: Optimize for a specific application with the simple flip of a switch.
- Energy Management: Automatic standby mode conserves energy and extends the life of the loudspeaker.
- LED Operation: Turn of the front panel power LED or switch it to show limiting operation.
- Remote Control: Easy to use remote gain control is ideal for installed applications.
- Pro Appearance: Sleek lines and a full grille for a more professional look than other molded loudspeakers.
- Locking IEC Power Cable: Help prevent unexpected interruptions.
- Connectivity: Mic/line and RCA inputs along with onboard mixing controls allow greater flexibility.
- Tilt-Direct Pole Mount: A simple turn of the dial is all it takes to alter the vertical directivity by 7.5 degrees.
- Suspension and Mounting: With integrated threaded inserts, KW Series is equally at home in mounted or flown applications.
- Threaded Pole: The KW181 subwoofer comes with a threaded pole for a snug, safe fit.
- Intrinsic Correction: An exclusive QSC process that applies extensive acoustic measurements to noticeably improve audio quality.
- Class D: Higher efficiency produces less heat and more sonic performance with lower overall current draw.
- Protections: QSC's Guardrail technology protect your loudspeakers from overexcursion. On-demand cooling fan and thermal limiting prevent overheated electronics.
QSC KW152 Specifications
Powered Yes Power Configuration Bi-amped LF Driver Size 15" LF Driver Power Amp 500W Class D HF Driver Size 1.75" HF Driver Power Amp 500W Class D Frequency Range 44Hz-20kHz (-10dB) Crossover Frequency 2kHz Maximum Peak SPL 133dB Horizontal Coverage Angle 60 Degrees Axisymmetric Vertical Coverage Angle 60 Degrees Axisymmetric Enclosure Material 15mm Birch Plywood Mounting Options Pole, Fly Inputs 1 x Combo (XLR/TRS, Mic/Line), 1 x Combo (XLR/TRS, Line), 2 x RCA Outputs 2 x XLR (Direct), 1 x XLR (Line) Height 32.1" Width 17.5" Depth 15.2" Weight 64 lbs.
(1) KW152 Loudspeaker system
(1) Locking NEMA 5-15 power cable
(1) Locking CEE 7/4 power cable
(1) User Manual CD
(1) Wiring hookup diagram