Be the first to review this product
QSC KW122 1000 Watt 12" 2-Way Multipurpose Active Speaker
Questions? Call 1-800-355-7746 or Chat below
On-board switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting (full-range models) can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid-frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB (full-range models) for use with an external subwoofer. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation. The KW122 and KW152 feature a unique Tilt-Direct pole cup mounting system. A simple turn of the dial engages a 7.5 degree downward tilt of the speaker allowing acoustic energy to be kept on the audience and off reflective surfaces for applications where maximum coverage from a high-positioned speaker is desired. KW Series is designed to withstand the rigors of professional use. Advanced construction processes, premium-grade Baltic birch cabinetry, ergonomic, cast aluminum handles, low-noise casters (KW181) and a highly protective steel grille provide for ease of transport and long term durability. Integrated M10 suspension points allow for flown applications with a KW M10 KIT (sold separately) and a threaded pole receptacle (KW181) provides for a positive, wobble free connection to a threaded speaker pole. Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both Mic and Line Level input while a set of RCA phono inputs (except KSub) allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for "daisy-chaining" of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
QSC KW122 12" Active Speaker Features:
- 12" Woofer; 1.75" diaphragm compression driver.
- 75° Nominal coverage angle.
- Maximum SPL 131 dB peak.
- Also functions as monitor floor wedge.
- 1000 watt Class D power modules in all models (2 x 500 W continuous).
- Onboard mixer with two combo XLR and ¼ inputs, and stereo RCA inputs, (three audio input sources); two direct channel outputs and single summed balanced output.
- Extensive DSP featuring DEEP and Intrinsic Correction enhances system performance.
- DMT (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field.
- Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosures.
- Four-position Mic/Line gain (full-range models).
- Tour-grade 16 gauge steel grilles.
- Comfortable ergonomic handles.
- 35 mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct.
- M10 rigging points for suspended installation.
- Defined Coverage Area: Directivity Matched Transition (DMT) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural "dead" or "hot" frequency zones.
- DSP: Extensive signal processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a product in this category.
- Intrinsic Correction, first featured in QSC's high-end line array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
- DEEP and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
- GuardRail protection, first introduced on our GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.
- Remote Gain: Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple KW Series speakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- DEEP: Sophisticated digital signal processing provides greater low-frequency extension while precisely protecting the woofer from over-excursion.
- DMT: Directivity Matched Transition matches the HF coverage angle to the natural coverage angle of the woofer for uniform frequency response over the entire coverage area.
- Conical Wave Guide: The conical wave guide eliminates the phase distortions of typical asymmetric horns for more natural reproduction.
- 1000 Watts: The same state of the art, light-weight Class D amplifier module powers all the K & KW Series models.
- EQ Modes: Optimize for a specific application with the simple flip of a switch.
- Energy Management: Automatic standby mode conserves energy and extends the life of the loudspeaker.
- LED Operation: Turn of the front panel power LED or switch it to show limiting operation.
- Remote Control: Easy to use remote gain control is ideal for installed applications.
- Pro Appearance: Sleek lines and a full grille for a more professional look than other molded loudspeakers.
- Locking IEC Power Cable: Help prevent unexpected interruptions.
- Connectivity: Mic/line and RCA inputs along with onboard mixing controls allow greater flexibility.
- Tilt-Direct Pole Mount: A simple turn of the dial is all it takes to alter the vertical directivity by 7.5 degrees.
- Suspension and Mounting: With integrated threaded inserts, KW Series is equally at home in mounted or flown applications.
- Threaded Pole: The KW181 subwoofer comes with a threaded pole for a snug, safe fit.
- Intrinsic Correction: An exclusive QSC process that applies extensive acoustic measurements to noticeably improve audio quality.
- Class D: Higher efficiency produces less heat and more sonic performance with lower overall current draw.
- Protections: QSC's Guardrail technology protect your loudspeakers from overexcursion. On-demand cooling fan and thermal limiting prevent overheated electronics.
QSC KW122 Specifications
Powered Yes Power Configuration Bi-amped LF Driver Size 12" LF Driver Power Amp 500W Class D HF Driver Size 1.75" HF Driver Power Amp 500W Class D Frequency Range 50Hz-20kHz (-10dB) Crossover Frequency 2kHz Maximum Peak SPL 131dB Horizontal Coverage Angle 75 Degrees Axisymmetric Vertical Coverage Angle 75 Degrees Axisymmetric Enclosure Material 15mm Birch Plywood Mounting Options Pole, Floor Wedge, Fly Inputs 1 x Combo (XLR/TRS, Mic/Line), 1 x Combo (XLR/TRS, Line), 2 x RCA Outputs 2 x XLR (Direct), 1 x XLR (Line) Height 26" Width 15" Depth 15.4" Weight 49 lbs.
(1) KW122 1000 Watt 2-Way Multipurpose Active Speaker with 12" Woofer
(1) Locking NEMA 5-15 power cable
(1) Locking CEE 7/4 power cable
(1) User Manual CD
(1) Wiring hookup diagram