QSC GX5 Power Amplifier
About This Product
QSC GX5 Power Amplifier
GX Series amplifiers are ideal for professional entertainers who require maximum performance and portability on a limited budget. GX amplifiers deliver just the right amount of power to the most popular speakers used by entertainers.
GX Series amplifiers are ideal for professional entertainers who require maximum performance and portability on a limited budget. The hallmarks of the QSC brand - professional audio quality, meticulous engineering, precision manufacturing and long-term reliability - are all intrinsic to GX. Add contemporary styling, multiple input/output options, light weight, and advanced protection circuitry, and the GX Series clearly represents real value - something everyone can use.
QSC GX5 Feature:
- Power levels matched to the most popular speakers used by entertainers.
- Optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4- and 8-ohm speaker systems.
- Inputs: XLR, 1/4" TRS and phono input connectors for compatibility with any source.
- Outputs: Speakon combo accepts 1/4" (TS) plugs or Speakon 2- and 4-pole plugs (connects 2 poles only). Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems.
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1" / 257 mm) fits in compact, inexpensive effects racks.
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity.
- GuardRail automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down the show.
- Front panel LEDs monitor power, signal, and clipping.
- Subwoofer/satellite crossover built-in.
|Output power per channel|
|8 ohms / 1 kHz (both channels driven)||500 W|
|8 ohms / 1 kHz (single channel driven)||600 W|
|4 ohms / 1 kHz (both channels driven)||700 W|
|4 ohms / 1 kHz (single channel driven)||850 W|
|Distortion (1 dB below rated power, 1 kHz)||8 ohms: less than 0.02%
4 ohms: less than 0.05%
|Signal to Noise (20 Hz - 20 kHz)||100 dB|
|Input Sensitivity||1.2 V rms|
|Voltage Gain||34.4 dB|
|Output Circuitry||2-tier Class H|
|Power Requirements (1/8 power, pink noise at 4 ohms, 120V)||6 A|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz–20 kHz, +0, -1 dB|
|Dynamic Headroom (4 ohms)||2 dB|
|Input Impedance||Greater than 20 kΩ (balanced)|
|Maximum Input Level||+24 dBu (16 V rms)|
|Input Connectors (each channel)||3-pin XLR and 1/4" TRS, balanced, parallel
|Output Connectors (each channel)||Speakon®, 1/4", Binding posts|
|Amplifier and Load Protection||Short circuit, open circuit, thermal, RF protection
Load protected against DC faults
|Front Panel Controls and Indicators||Gain controls, 21 detents
Red CLIP LEDs, proportional, 0.1% THD threshold
Green SIGNAL LEDs, threshold 35 dB below clipping
Blue POWER LED, AC on
|Rear Panel Controls||Full Range / Crossover switch
100 Hz, 3rd order LP (sub), 2nd order HP (top)
|Dimensions||Height: 3.5" (89 mm) 2RU
Width: 19" (483 mm)
Depth: 10.1" (257 mm)
|Weight||Net: 28 lb (12.6 kg)
Shipping: 32 lb (14.6 kg)
|Agency Approvals||UL, CE, RoHS/WEEE Compliant|
AC Current and Heating, 120 VAC
(multiply current by 0.5 for 230 VAC)
|Operating Condition||AC amps||BTU/hour|
|8 + 8 ohms, 1/8 power 1||3.3||734|
|8 + 8 ohms, 1/3 power 2||8.5||1456|
|8 + 8 ohms, full power 3||16.2||1891|
|4 + 4 ohms, 1/8 power 1||5.8||1160|
|4 + 4 ohms, 1/3 power 2||11.2||2162|
|4 + 4 ohms, full power 3||24.5||3754|
|1 1/8 power represents typical maximum operating conditions
2 1/3 power represents overdriven program levels
3 Full power is breaker limited to short periods
For 230 V, multiply AC current by 0.5
For 100 V, multiply AC current by 1.25
The QSC GX5 Box Includes:
(1) QSC GX5 Power Amplifier
(1) Power Cord
(1) Quickstart Guide