Perfect for on-the-fly music production, the layout and controls are effortless to navigate so your ideas will come to life the moment inspiration strikes. This production tool enables you to randomize sounds, sequences, and drums - all in key. Access endless polyrhythmic-looping options and instantly change the playback direction and speeds. With the world-first* Groove Bend feature, you'll really feel the groove as you generate original rhythms in real time. And by controlling everything in one place, you can focus on developing phrases.
Pioneer DJ Toraiz Squid Key Features:
- Intuitive workflow - Have fun creating phrases by tapping the 16 multicolored LED rubber pads in the Step Edit section. Set step parameters and play live as if the pads were keys on a keyboard. Combine various sequence functions such as Interpolation and Harmonizer to help build your sounds.
- Arrange phrases in real time - Rearrange phrases you've created in the Step Edit section to craft your ideas the instant they spring to mind. Enhance your sounds with performance features, such as Running Direction, Speed Modulation, and Groove Bend.
- Save your "Happy accidents" - The Squid records performance information in the background so you'll never lose phrases you create accidentally. When you're experimenting and hear something you love, use the Time Warp feature to recall and save it as a sequence pattern for your next track.
- Connect various instruments - The Squid has a USB B terminal, MIDI terminals, 2 sets of CV/Gate outputs, and Clock and DIN Sync input/output terminals. This means you can combine the power of your DAW with modern, modular and vintage synths, as well as drum machines. Signals are converted automatically.
- Import and export fast - Quickly transfer sequence patterns, projects and Midi clips between the Squid and your PC or Mac with the Squid Manager function. Easily import a sequence pattern created on your DAW to the Squid, instinctively arrange it using the sequencer's features, and return it to your DAW.