Be the first to review this product
Furman P-2400 AR 20A Prestige Voltage Regulator / Power Conditioner
Questions? Call 1-800-355-7746 or Chat below
The Prestige Series P-2400 AR features Furman's True RMS Voltage Regulation, Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) circuit, and our exclusive Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT). Together, these technologies comprise precisely what our customers have grown to expect from Furman: uncompromised protection and purification. The P-2400 AR has been precisely engineered to more than meet the critical demands of recording studios, broadcast facilities, and discerning musicians alike.
The Furman P-2400 AR is intended to protect sensitive electronic equipment from problems caused by AC line voltage irregularities- brownouts or over-voltages that can cause audio tonal changes, digital equipment malfunction (such as loss of MIDI programs or other data), or, in extreme cases, permanent damage. It accepts input voltages over a wide AC voltage range and converts them to a steady, stable output of 120V, plus or minus five volts. Voltages approximately ±10% beyond the capture range may be converted to usable levels, depending on the requirements of the equipment. This stable voltage protects equipment and allows optimal performance. If you frequently move your rack to different locations, derive power from generators, use excessively long extension cords, travel internationally, or are in an area prone to brownouts, you will benefit from the use of a Furman P-2400 AR.
Furman P-2400 AR 20A Prestige Voltage Regulator / Power Conditioner Features:
- True RMS Voltage Regulation: True RMS Voltage Regulation delivers a stable 120 volts of AC power to protect equipment from problems caused by AC lne voltage irregularities.
- Surge Protection: Furman's exclusive SMP technology provides the highest level of surge & spike protection available.
- Noise Filtration: LiFT offers AC power filtering to ensure clean power for unequaled audio & video clarity.
- Voltage Protection: Advanced EVS circuitry detects dangerous voltage irregularities and safely powers down itself and connected equipment in unsafe conditions.
- Diagnostic Lights: LED status indicators warn you when voltage is outside of nominal range or when protection has been compromised.
- Voltmeter / Ammeter: Large LED voltmeter/ammeter displays incoming voltage and output current draw.
- Isolated Banks: Isolated outlet banks minimize inter-component interference and noise contamination.
- USB Charger: Front panel USB convenience outlets allows you to charge most media devices or power a USB lamp.
- 20 Amp Rating: 20 Amp rating featuring a high inrush thermal circuit breaker for added protection.
- 14 Total Outlets: 14 total outlets (twelve rear panel outlets and two front panel convenience outlet.)
- True RMS Voltage Regulation - A 20 amp ultra-low noise toroidal autoformer with microprocessor control.
- SMP (Series Multi-Stage Protection) with EVS (Extreme Voltage Shutdown.)
- LiFT (Linear Filtering Technology) with zero ground contamination.
- Twelve regulated rear panel NEMA 20 amp AC outlets (and two NEMA 20 amp outlets on the front panel.)
- Very low stray magnetic field leakage.
- Dimmable/Switchable true RMS digital ammeter and laboratory precise voltmeter.
- Tri-color voltage range indicator (complements numerical voltage reading - even when viewed at a distance from the display.)
- Front panel USB connector charges most portable media devices and cell phones.
- 20 amp (2400 watt) current capacity; output capacity 16.5 to 20 amps.
- Robust 12awg. 10 foot AC cord.
- Five year limited warranty.
The P-2400 AR accepts input voltage between 97V-137V and transforms it to a constant output of 120V, ±5V. Voltages beyond that range may also be converted to usable levels, depending on the range variance. With its robust 20A capacity, the P-2400 AR is ideal for high-current equipment such as power amplifiers or powering A/V racks in large installations.
Additionally, the P-2400 AR is a full-featured power conditioner that filters and purifies AC power, reducing line noise and ensuring optimum performance. Not only will your equipment perform better with Furman's Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT), but it will also be fully protected by our exclusive Series Multi-Stage Protection (SMP) and Extreme Voltage Shutdown (EVS). This circuitry provides the highest level of power protection available.
True RMS Voltage Regulation Technology
True RMS Voltage Regulation is designed around an ultra-low noise eight-tap toroidal autoformer. A microprocessor within the P-2400 AR monitors the incoming RMS voltage with each cycle, measuring the phase angle in time with the advancing cycle. Most commercial voltage regulators using multiple-tapped transformers switch taps at uncontrolled times. This creates voltage spikes and clicks that can leak into audio. When a voltage fluctuation requires correction by the P-2400 AR, True RMS Voltage Regulation advances a new tap with less stress and in turn avoids distortion to the AC waveform. Hysteresis in the P-2400 AR circuits avoids the unnecessary switching back and forth between the adjacent taps (or "chatter") found in many commercial voltage regulators. If necessary, True RMS Voltage Regulation technology can switch taps as often as once each cycle and do so with a shorter recovery time than a commercial voltage regulator. In addition and unlike voltage regulators that employ ferroresonant transformers, the P-2400 AR is not sensitive to small errors in line frequency, making it ideal for use with generators. The P-2400 AR has twelve outlets on the rear panel and two convenience outlets on the front panel. All are functionally interchangeable. The outlets are regulated, surge-suppressed, and linearly filtered, making the unit a full-function power conditioner. The autoformer's toroidal design assures minimal leakage of stray magnetic fields. Note: P-2400 AR is for use with AC voltage only. DC voltages should never be applied. Also, it does not change or regulate line frequency. The output frequency will always be the same as the incoming frequency.
SMP (Series Multi-Stage Protection) with EVS (Extreme Voltage Shutdown)
Furman's SMP (Series Multi-Stage Protection) surge suppression virtually eliminates service calls and costly "down time". Traditional surge suppression circuits sacrifice themselves when exposed to multiple transient voltage spikes, requiring the dismantling of your system, and repair of your surge suppressor. Not so with Furman's SMP. With SMP, damaging transient voltages are safely absorbed, clamped, and dissipated. Your connected equipment is protected, while your P-2400 AR protects itself. Unique to Furman's SMP is its unparalleled clamping voltage. While other designs offer clamping voltages that are well above 330 Vpk, Furman's SMP clamps at 188 Vpk, (133 V RMS) even when tested with multiple 6000 Vpk - 3000 amp surges. This unprecedented level of protection is only available with Furman's SMP technology. Additionally, Furman's trusted EVS (Extreme Voltage Shutdown) circuitry protects against catastrophic overvoltage conditions (such as all-too-frequent accidental connections to 208 or 240 VAC or an intermittent neutral) by shutting off the incoming power until the overvoltage condition is corrected and the power switch is reset.
LiFT (Linear Filtering Technology)
Furman's Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT) reduces AC line noise in an even, linear manner across a very wide bandwidth, resulting in a lower noise floor. Traditional AC filter - conditioners have been designed for unrealistic laboratory conditions - whether multiple pole filters or conventional series mode, prior technologies could actually harm audio and video performance more than they help, due to the resonant peaking of their antiquated, non-linear designs. Under certain conditions, these designs can actually add more than 10 dB of noise to the incoming AC line! Worse still, lost digital data, the need to re-boot digital pre-sets, or destroyed digital converters are frequently caused by excessive voltage spikes and AC noise contaminating the equipment ground. Furman's LiFT takes a different approach, ensuring optimal performance through linear filtering with no contamination, or leakage, to ground.
P-2400 AR - Additional Features
Additionally, the P-2400 AR offers a laboratory precision dual function digital meter that displays incoming voltage in 1-volt steps and performs as a RMS ammeter measuring current to the fifth of an amp. The voltmeter's accuracy is ±1.5 volts and features a tricolor voltage range indicator. This informs the user whether voltage is in or out of a safe range. The ammeter accurately measures current draw for an instant analysis of system requirements. As mentioned previously, the P-2400 AR is equipped with fourteen regulated outlets; two front panel convenience AC outlets and twelve rear panel outlets. The rear AC outlets feature discrete noise isolation in two banks.The P-2400 AR's 20 amp capacity is supplied from a robust 12awg, 10 foot AC cord.
Furman P-2400 AR Specifications:
Family: Prestige Series
Line Voltage: 120 (Volts)
BlueBOLT Enabled: No
Power Factor Technology: No
Number of Outlets: 14
Number of Isolated Banks: 2
Outlet Descriptions: All 14 outlets regulated and conditioned - 12 on the rear panel and 2 on the front
Rack Mountable: Yes
Rack Ears Included: Yes
Front Panel Meter(s): LED voltmeter/ammeter displays incoming voltage and input current draw
Front Media Light(s): No
Control: Front panel: On/Off switch; Voltage meter dimmer button
Voltage Regulation: Regulation capture range: 97 VAC to 137 VAC
USB Charging: 1 front panel USB charger
Low Voltage Trigger: N/A
AC Power Cord: 10 ft. captive 3/12 AWG, black cord with NEMA 20 plug
Dimensions: 19" W x 12" D x 3.5" H
Weight: 39 lbs
Power Consumption: 13 Watts
AC Protection Technology: True RMS Voltage Regulation; Extreme Voltage Shutdown; Non-sacrificial protection with zero ground contamination
Automatic Voltage Shutoff: Yes
Under-Voltage Shutoff: 90V
Over-Voltage Shutoff: 145 VAC
Maximum Current Rating: 20 (Amps)
Initial Clamping Level: 188 VAC peak @ 3,000 Amps
Filtration Technology: LiFT
Filtration Rating: 10 dB @ 10KHZ; 40 dB @ 100 KHZ; 50 dB @ 500KHZ
Signal Line Protection
Signal Line Protection: No
Length: 23.9 (Inches)
Width: 22.8 (Inches)
Height: 10.4 (Inches)
Weight: 45.4 (Lbs)
Unit of Measure: Each
Master Pack Qty: 1
Response Time: 1 Nanosecond
Maximum Surge Current: 6,500 AMPS
Each P-2400 AR Retail Box Includes:
(1) Furman P-2400 AR 20A Prestige Voltage Regulator / Power Conditioner
(1) 10 ft. captive 3/12 AWG, black power cord with NEMA 20 plug