Electro-Voice EKX-18S 18” Passive Subwoofer
About This Product
The EKX series is the newest member of the Electro-Voice portable loudspeaker family, and combines legendary EV sound quality and reliability with the latest technology – all in a compact package suitable for a wide range of sound reinforcement scenarios, including musicians/DJs and live/club/installed sound applications.
EV-engineered components, Signal Synchronized Transducers (SST) waveguide design, and Class D amplifiers (up to 1500 W) coupled with QuickSmartDSP all work together to provide precise coverage and superior sound quality at high SPLs. EV’s award-winning industrial design – with robust wood enclosures and durable EVCoat finish – ensures that EKX speakers look as great as they sound.
- 1600 W (peak), 134 dB peak SPL on the EKX-18S utilizing highsensitivity transducers designed and engineered by EV.
- Lightweight, compact 15-mm wood enclosure with internal bracing, and durable EVCoat finish.
- Large slot ports for low distortion and excellent bass extension.
- Metal grille reinforcement bar (two bars on the EKX-18S).
- M20 threaded pole mount plate.
|Axial Sensitivity (SPL, 1 W @ 1 m)||96 dB|
|Connector Type||Dual NL4|
|Coverage (Nominal -6 dB) H||90 °|
|Coverage (Nominal -6 dB) V||60 °|
|Enclosure Material||15 mm, plywood with EVCoat|
|Frequency Response (-10 dB)||35 Hz - 300 Hz Half Space Measurement|
|Frequency Response (-3 dB)||50 Hz - 100 Hz Half Space Measurement|
|Grill||18 AWG steel with powdercoat|
|LF Transducer||EVS-18C 457 mm (18 in)|
|Maximum SPL||134 dB|
|Minimum Impedance||7 Ω|
|Nominal Impedance||8 Ω|
|Power Handling (Continuous / Peak)||400 W/1600 W|
|Recommended High-Pass Frequency||30 Hz|
|Shipping Weight||40.1 kg (88.41 lbs)|
|Height||12RU 520 mm (20.47")|
|Width||606 mm (23.86")|
|Depth||612 mm (24.09")|
|Weight Net||31.8 kg (70.11 lbs)|
(1) Electro-Voice EKX-18S 15” Passive Subwoofer