There's a little freak inside you, and this instrument will bring it out. Even though MicroFreak has a digital oscillator at its heart, "opposites attract" as the saying goes. That's why we've included a lush-sounding analog filter. Inspired by the trailblazing 12-dB Oberheim SEM filter, you can make MicroFreak's filter scream or whisper to taste. The filter is state-variable, and can even auto-oscillate! You can use this is any way you like, from taking the edge of the razor-sharp wavetable sounds, or automating the cutoff by modulating it with keyboard pressure or the in-built sequencer. Wait. Did we mention that MicroFreak has a sequencer? And a mod matrix? Things are about to get seriously interesting. MicroFreak is packed with unique, exciting features that let you create music with a fresh perspective. Record up to four automations, edit notes per step or use the innovative Spice and Dice sequencer functions to find happy accidents. Add randomization to create evolving, original patterns, and virtually rewire and reconfigure its signal chain and controls with the 5x7 modulation matrix. This truly is a budget-friendly synth like no other.
"That's a funny looking keyboard" - That's right, it is. It isn't really even a keyboard. It's a PCB. Super-flat, with no moving parts. Will it track lightning-fast synth solos? You bet. Better than a traditional keyboard, actually. Will it let you be expressive? Of course, it's not only pressure sensitive, but also offers poly-aftertouch. This means each key can control parameters in a different way depending on how much you touch. You can also use its USB, MIDI, and CV outputs to control instruments in your DAW and modular synths. This also means that you can also use MicroFreak as a controller to experience polyphonic aftertouch with cutting edge software instruments.
Arturia MicroFreak Hybrid Synthesizer Features:
- Synthesizer with 192 preset slots and 128 factory presets.
- 11 Digital oscillators with variable modes, with integrated open source Plaits engine created by Mutable Instruments.
- Analog State Variable Filter, 12dB/octave, resonant, Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass.
- ADSR envelope.
- Cycling Envelope offering two modes.
- LFO with Sync: Sine, Tri, Saw, Square, Random, Slew Random.
- Modulation matrix with 5 sources and 7 destinations (3 custom destinations).
- Monophonic or Paraphonic modes - Up to 4 voices.
- 25-key capacitive keybed with polyphonic aftertouch.
- Capacitive touch strip.
- Crisp OLED display for editing and parameter values.
- Powerful arpeggiator.
- Up, Order, Random, Pattern modes.
- Spice & Dice Gate randomizers.
- 64-step sequencer.
- 2 patterns per preset.
- 4 automation tracks per preset.
- CV / Gate / Mod outputs.
- USB, Clock and MIDI in and out.
- 6.35mm master and 3.5mm headphone output.