Force features an 8x8 RGB clip launch matrix, a 7-inch full-color touch-capacitive multitouch display, 8 touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED display, 2 audio inputs, 4 audio outputs, MIDI and CV I/O. Together, this comprehensive versatility affords the user an unprecedented degree of creative freedom and expression, while remaining totally free of the constraints of being tethered to a computer.
Additional features include time stretching/pitch-shifting in real time, a comprehensive set of on-board effects by AIR Music Technology, plus the TubeSynth, Bassline and Electric synth engines. It also boasts an additional synth called Hype, a preset and macro-based synth combining several different synth engines into a single easy-to-use package. Force also has the ability to record 8 stereo tracks.
Akai Professional Force Stand Alone Music Production and Performance Workstation Features:
- Standalone - no computer required.
- 8x8 clip launch matrix with RGB LEDs.
- 7" full color capacitive multitouch display.
- Mic/instrument/line inputs, 4 outputs.
- MIDI In/Out/Thru.
- 4 configurable CV/Gate outputs.
- MPC Sample Editing.
- Automatic BPM detection, real-time timestretching and pitch-shifting.
- 8 touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays.
- 4 powerful, fully-editable synth engines.
- 16GB of on-board storage (over 10GB of sound content included.)
- Full-Size SD card slot & 2 USB 3.0 slots for thumb drives or MIDI controllers.
- User-expandable 2.5" SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD.)