Be the first to review this product
(2) Technics SL-1200MK7 Direct-Drive DJ Turntables with DJM-S5 Serato DVS Scratch Mixer Package
Questions? Call 1-800-355-7746 or Chat below
The best of the best, every DJ's favorite turntable has been revamped, improved, and reborn. Packed with accumulated technologies and knowhow, the all new Technic 1200 aims to leave an indelible contribution to the advancement of professional DJ culture. The new model inherits the traditional design of the series and maintains the same operating ease, reliability and durability, while newly adding a coreless direct drive motor and other sound-enhancing technologies. It also features new DJ play functions, such as reverse playback.
Technics SL-1200MK7 Turntable Features:
- Precision Coreless Direct-Drive Motor.
- Eliminates Cogging.
- Reverse-Play Function.
- Highly Rigid Platter with Low Vibration.
- S-Shaped Tonearm with Counter Weight.
- No-Click Pitch Control + Pitch Reset.
- 33-1/3, 45, & 78 rpm Speeds.
- Detachable Terminals: Phono, GND, Power.
- Includes Dust Cover, 45 Adapter, and Headshell.
- Also included: Slipmat, Cart Hardware, and Power Cord.
Passion for Scratching: meet the DJM-S5 scratch-style two-channel DJ mixer for Serato DJ Pro; intuitive pro-style layout with striking red gloss finish and new features including scratch cutter for easy scratching. Underscoring its commitment to providing artists of all skillsets the latest cutting-edge DJ technology, AlphaTheta Corporation announces the release of the DJM-S5 from its Pioneer DJ brand. The new robust, scratch-style 2-channel DJ mixer for Serato DJ Pro is ideal for beginners or for artists looking to expand their battle mixing and scratching skills. The DJM-S5 inherits a familiar layout to the flagship DJM-S11 two-channel scratch style DJ mixer and features a vibrant red-glossy design revealing the ornate construction of Pioneer DJ's MAGVEL FADER PRO. The large effect levers on the DJM-S5 are the same size as DJM-S11 levers, and control up to 57 different effects in Serato DJ Pro including paid expansion packs. Pioneer DJ's new mixer also provides four Performance Pads on each channel to control pad modes including Hot Cue, Sampler and Scratch Bank.
Features such as MAGVEL FADER PRO elevate the scratching experience while Feeling Adjust enables artists to adjust the crossfader resistance to their individual preference. The brand-new Scratch Cutter feature applies the artist's choice of six cutting patterns to the sample or track in time with the track on the other deck without crossfader movement. The DJM-S5 mixer also boasts the new Crossfader Hot Cue feature allowing artists to create a scratch-like sound with the crossfader. The DJM-S5 is the first-ever Pioneer DJ mixer with USB bus power for on the go, plug and play performance. The new mixer also offers native control of Serato DJ Pro and Serato DVS. Artists simply connect the mixer to a PC / Mac running the software and start playing.
Pioneer DJ DJM-S5 2-Channel Serato DVS Scratch Mixer Features:
- MAGVEL FADER PRO Crossfader featuring Feeling Adjust, allows artists to tweak the "weight" and resistance to find their perfect scratch feel.
- The crossfader is extremely robust with a rigid vertical knob to handle energetic and repetitive scratch techniques.
- The DJM-S5 features two large effect levers-same size as the DJM-S11 levers-to control up to 57 effects in Serato DJ Pro including paid expansion packs.
- Artists hold or release the levers to turn the effect on and off.
- Alternatively, artists can lock the levers to browse and scratch tracks with both hands while the effect is on.
- The mixer also features two banks to save effects for quick access.
- Artists looking to experiment their creativity can do so with 13 pad modes including Hot Cue and Sampler.
- Using the four Performance Pads on each deck, which measure 20.6 mm x 20.6 mm, artists can trigger samples and find new ways to remix their tracks live and add texture to the music.
- Serato DJ Pro and DVS Plug-and-Play Compatibility
- Artists plug the DJM-S5 into a PC/Mac running the Serato DJ Pro application and receive a host of professional performance features for free.
- The DJM-S5 also offers free support for Serato DVS-allowing artists to use analog turntables with control vinyl or DJ players to play and scratch tracks in their Serato crates.
- All sounds are sent to the stream via Serato DJ Pro-removing the need for external equipment such as a soundcard.
- The DJM-S5 emulates the popular transformer scratch technique by applying a cutting effect to the music in perfect time with the track on the other deck.
- Artists activate the scratch by selecting one of the six cutting patterns, turning on the Scratch Cutter function with the effects lever and moving the control vinyl or jog wheel (when using DVS control) forward and backward.
- The all-new Crossfader Hot Cue feature creates scratch-like sounds with a sample or track without the need to move the control vinyl on the deck.
- Every time artists move the fader away from the edge, the track or sample on the relevant deck plays from the most recent Hot Cue point.
- The DJM-S5 is the first-ever Pioneer DJ mixer with USB power capability.
- USB power offers artists the flexibility to practice and perform anywhere they carry their decks.
- In addition, the DJM-S5 works as a standalone mixer-allowing artists to play music from a variety of sources such as analog vinyl records.
- Although the mixer is USB powered, the DJM-S5 produces a wide-ranging bright sound to bring out the best of all music genres-from hip-hop and house, to R&B and rock.
- The DJM-S5 features a brand-new top plate split into bright red gloss and black sections with contrasting detailing and black controls and buttons to create the look of a musical instrument.
- A transparent window on the front plate shows off the inner workings of the MAGVEL FADER PRO, while grab handles make the compact and lightweight mixer easy to carry.
Coreless Direct Drive Motor Achieving Stable Rotation and Powerful Torque
The direct drive system uses a slow-rotating motor to directly drive the platter. This system has various advantages. It offers high performance, such as rotation accuracy and powerful torque, does not require replacement of parts and maintains high reliability over a long period of time. However, the direct drive system was said to on occasion produce a rotation irregularity called cogging. For the SL-1200MK7, a new coreless direct drive motor was developed. This motor employs a coreless stator. The removal of the iron core from the stator eliminated the root cause of cogging. Furthermore, the magnetic force of the rotor magnets was improved to the highest possible level, and the gap between the coreless stator and rotor magnets was optimized, thus achieving high torque performance equaling that of the SL-1200MK5. Boasting smooth rotation and powerful torque, this motor reproduces sound accurately and faithfully from the groove on an analogue record.
Highly Sensitive Tonearm Accurately Reads the Signal Stored in the Record Groove
The tonearm, which is responsible for accurately reading the signal by tracking the groove on the phonorecord, is a static-balance universal S-shape tonearm, another Technics tradition. The tonearm tube is made of lightweight, high-rigidity aluminum. The bearing section of the gimbal suspension construction tonearm consists of a machined housing and high-precision bearing to assure excellent tracking performance with minimum stylus jumping, even in harsh playing conditions such as scratching.
Two-layer Structure Platter with Improved Vibration Damping Performance
The platter on which a vinyl record is placed features a two-layer structure with deadening rubber on the entire back surface to eliminate unwanted resonance in the aluminum die-cast platter. The platter offers high rigidity and outstanding vibration-damping characteristics to prevent harmful vibration from being transmitted to the record and delivers clear sound.
High Rigidity Cabinet and High Damping Insulator for Thorough Shut-out of All Vibrations
The chassis, an essential part for reducing external vibrations, inherits the audio quality enhancement technology fostered through the development of high-end turntables. The aluminum die-cast chassis is rigidly integrated with a special material consisting of ABS mixed with glass fiber to achieve a two-layer construction. The combination of this special high-rigidity material and a metal chassis raised the rigidity and vibration-damping performance to higher levels, realizing a robust cabinet for beautiful sound reproduction.
The insulator is comprised of a spring and rubber to provide optimal frequency characteristics. This not only assures high sound quality and superb howling resistance, but also effectively shuts out external vibrations under high sound level conditions.
Detachable Power/Phono Cable Terminals Prevents Cable Discontinuity
The power and phono cable terminals allow detachment of the cables. The phono terminals are gold-plated to minimize sound quality degradation. Since the terminals allow disconnection of the cables, maintenance of the cables is easier, and your favorite phono cable can be connected to let you enjoy the change in sound quality resulting from a different cable.
Starting Torque/Brake Speed Adjustment Function
The SL-1200MK7 employs the newest motor control technology refined through the development of Blu-ray disc products. Utilizing a microcomputer, this advanced motor control technology ensures high performance in normal rotation and also responds accurately to a wide range of DJ play styles, such as scratching. The starting torque and brake speed can be adjusted individually to suit the user's preference.
Pitch Control Function Enables Accurate and Stable Pitch Adjustment
The rotation speed can be set to 33-1/3 rpm, 45 rpm or 78 rpm. The pitch control function allows fine adjustment of the rotation speed within.
Technics SL-1200MK7 Turntable Specifications
Technology for Rotational Stability
Coreless Direct Drive Motor
High-Precision Motor Controller
Construction for Vibration Tolerance
High-Dumping Turntable Platter
Rigid Cabinet Construction
High Quality Parts
High Sensitive Tonearm
Detachable PHONO Terminal
Technics Definitive Design
Inherited SL-1200 Series
Drive Method: Direct Drive
Turntable Speeds: 33 1/3, 45rpm (with switch 78 rpm)
Starting Torque: 0.18N･m / 1.8kg･cm (1.56 lbs-in)
Build-up Characteristics: 0.7 s. from standstill to 33 1/3 rpm
Wow and Flutter: 0.025% W.R.M.S.
Turntable Platter: Aluminum die-cast
Weight：Approx. 1.8kg (4.0 lbs) (Including slipmat and slipsheet)
Type: Universal, Static Balance
Effective Length: 230mm (9-1/16")
Overhang: 15mm (19/32")
Tracking Error Angle:
Within 2° 32' (at the outer groove of 30cm(12") record)
Within 0° 32' (at the inner groove of 30cm(12") record)
Offset Angle: 22° • Arm Height Adjustment Range: 0 - 6mm
Stylus Pressure Adjustment Range: 0 - 4g (Direct Reading)
Head Shell Weight: Approx. 7.6g
Applicable Cartridge Weight Range:
[without auxiliary weight] 5.6 - 12.0g (14.3 - 20.7g (including head shell))
Head Shell Terminal Lug: 1.2mmφ 4-pin terminal lug
Audio Output: PHONO (Pin Jack) x 1, EARTH TERMINAL x 1
Power Supply: AC120 V, 60 Hz
Power Consumption: 8W (Approx. 0.2W (Standby))
Dimensions (W x H x D): 453 x 169 x 353mm (17-27/32 × 6-21/32 × 13-29/32 inch)
Weight: Approx. 9.6kg (Approx. 21.2lbs)
Turntable, Slipmat, Slipsheet, Dust cover, EP record adaptor, Balance weight, Head shell, Screw set for cartridge, PHONO cable, PHONO earth lead, AC power supply cord, Owner's Manual
Pioneer DJ DJM-S5 Product Specifications:
|Software||Serato DJ Pro|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz – 20 kHz|
|S/N Ratio||108 dB (USB)
94 dB (LINE)
82 dB (PHONO)
75 dB (MIC)
94 dB (AUX)
|Total Harmonic Distortion||0.003% (USB)
|Input Terminals||LINE / PHONO×2 (RCA)
MIC x 1 (XLR / 1/4" TRS Combo Jack)
AUX x 1 (RCA)
|Output Terminals||MASTER x 1 (XLR)
BOOTH / MASTER x 1 (RCA)
HEADPHONES x 2 (1/4" stereo jack, 3.5-mm stereo mini jack)
|USB Terminal||PC / Mac connection & power supply USB Type-C x 1
Power supply only USB Type-C x 1
|Power Supply||USB Type-C bus powered|
|Power Consumption||5V / 500 mA|
|Maximum Dimensions (W ｘ D ｘ H)||245 x 363.5 x 107.9 mm / 9.65" x 14.31" x 4.25"|
|Weight||3.4 kg / 7.5 lb|
|Accessories||USB cable (USB Type-A to USB Type-C)
Warranty (for some regions)
Quick Start Guide
Precautions for Use
This Package Includes:
(2) Technics SL-1200MK7 Direct Drive Professional Turntables
(2) Dust covers
(2) EP record adaptors
(2) Balance weights
(2) Head shells
(2) Screw sets for cartridges
(2) PHONO cables
(2) PHONO earth leads
(2) AC power supply cords
(1) Pioneer DJM-S5 2-Channel Serato DVS Scratch Mixer
(1) USB cable (USB Type-A to USB Type-C)
(2) Clutch 20' Sure-Fit XLR Female to XLR Male Microphone / Speaker Cables
(5) 8" Reusable Hook and Loop Cable Ties