Shure BETA 87A Supercardioid Hand-Held Electret Condenser Vocal Microphone with Tripod Mic Stand Quad Package
About This Product
Shure BETA 87A Vocal Microphone
The Shure BETA 87A is a premium quality supercardioid hand-held electret condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level capability. Used for professional sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording applications, the Beta 87A combines superb performance with the ruggedness needed for touring and field production.
The Beta 87A features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximity effect and prevents the “boomy” sound often associated with close pick-up. The characteristic Shure presence rise brightens the upper midrange. The tight supercardioid pattern, with null points at approximately 125 degrees, provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration. The Beta 87A operates on phantom power.
- Smooth frequency response with gradual presence rise.
- Highly consistent supercardioid polar pattern provides superior gain-before-feedback.
- Electronic low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect.
- Wide dynamic range (117 dB) and low distortion characteristics.
- Very low susceptibility to RFI and electromagnetic hum.
- Advanced cartridge shock-mount system absorbs mechanical shocks and reduces handling noise.
- Built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath sounds.
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability.
Ultimate Support JS-MCFB100 Tripod Mic Stand with Fixed-length Boom
On stage or in the studio, you need a mic stand you can rely on. The Tripod Mic Stand with Fixed-Length Boom resists tipping and is built tough to withstand every-day use. The powder-coated finish is scratch resistant to maintain its appearance, even on the most rigorous tour or recording schedules. Easily adjust the Tripod Mic Stand with Fixed-Length Boom to perfect height with the traditional turn clutch.JS-MCFB100 Features:
- 31.5” Fixed-length boom arm for precise positioning.
- Strong, tip-resistant tripod base.
- Scratch-resistant powder coat finish.
- Die-cast leg housing for dependable base support.
- Non-slip rubber feet.
Shure BETA 87A Specifications
|Type||Condenser (electret bias)|
|Frequency Response||50 to 20,000 Hz|
|Phantom power required?||Phantom Supply Requirement: 11 to 52 Vdc, positive at both pins 2 and 3, Current Drain: 1.0 to 1.2 mA|
Ultimate Support JS-MCFB100 Specifications:
Product Name: JS-MCFB100
Part Number: 16791
Boom Length: 31.5” (800mm)
Height: 40.25” – 68” (1022mm – 1727mm)
Weight: 5.35 lbs. (2.53 kg)
(4) Shure BETA 87A Supercardioid Hand-Held Electret Condenser Vocal Microphones
(4) Ultimate Support JS-MCFB100 Tripod Mic Stands
Each BETA 87A Box Includes:
(1) Shure BETA 87A Vocal Microphone
(1) Microphone clip
(1) Carry pouch
Each JS-MCFB100 Box Includes:
(1) Ultimate Support JS-MCFB100 Tripod Mic Stand with Fixed-length Boom