Roland AIRA VT-3 Voice Transformer
About This Product
Roland AIRA VT-3 Voice Transformer
Easy Voice Transformation with Vocoder, Lo-Fi Effects, and Synths You Can Sing
Aggressively processed vocals are common in electronic music today, but producing these effects easily and reproducing them live has been a challenge —until now. With the VT-3 Voice Transformer, you can smoothly alter pitch and formant in real time to introduce heavily processed vocal sounds into your studio tracks and stage performances with zero hassle. On top of that, the VT-3 looks great and works seamlessly with other products in the AIRA series.
- Create heavily processed vocal sounds in real time.
- Smooth control with dedicated Pitch and Formant sliders.
- Large dedicated Reverb and Mix Balance sliders.
- Save three favorite settings for instant recall.
- Connect an optional footswitch for additional control in live performances.
- Pure green LEDs and brightly lit controls for great visibility.
- Lightweight and durable construction for easy portability.
- Standard XLR/TRS combo jack (with phantom power) and 1/8-inch mic jack (with plug-in power).
- Stereo outputs can be configured as separate mono wet/dry channels.
- Built-in USB audio interface with loopback recording to overdub vocals on existing tracks.
- Great for podcasts and live web streaming.
- Powered by USB bus or included AC adapter.
The VT-3 is not just for robot voices (although we totally approve of robot voices). It also has the power to transform your voice into synthesizers, synth basses, hard-tuned and lo-fi sounds, and more. The VT-3 can also be subtle and musical, with built-in reverb, smooth wet/dry fader control, and instant bypass.
Transform your voice with different character types:
- Pop and electro sounds with two distinctive Auto-Pitch effects.
- Create VP-330-style Vocoder sounds without the need for a keyboard.
- Scatter function for glitchy effects that sound like something’s broken (in a good way).
- Loads of lo-fi character with Megaphone and Radio settings.
- Synthetic sounding voices with the Robot button.
- Synth, Lead, and Bass settings for synths you can sing.
Built for creative speed and live performance, the VT-3 is meant to be played. It features high-quality specs and sturdy, brightly lit controls that are dead simple to use. The controls and functions are smooth and immediate, with no popping, clicking, or latency issues to worry about, even when switching presets or changing voice characters. Weighing less than two pounds and small enough to slip into a bag, you can take the VT-3 anywhere.
Roland AIRA VT-3 Specifications
Nominal Input Level: MIC IN: -40 to -12 dBu (variable)
MIC IN (Rear): 4.4 k ohms
MIC IN (Front): 2.2 k ohms
Nominal Output Level: OUT: -10 dBu
OUT: 1 k ohms
PHONES: 24 ohms
Memory: Scene Memory: 3
Effect Type: REVERB
Mix Balance slider
Indicator: Peak indicator
MIC IN jack (Rear): XLR type (balanced, phantom power: +48 V, 10 mA Max)
MIC IN jack (Rear): 1/4-inch TRS phone type (balanced)
MIC IN jack (Front): Stereo miniature phone type (plug-in power)
PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
OUT jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
USB port: USB type B (Audio)
PEDAL jack: 1/4-inch phone type
DC IN jack
Power Supply: AC adaptor or obtained via USB port (USB bus power)
Current Draw: 380 mA
Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Size and Weight
Width: 210 mm / 8-5/16 inches
Depth: 175 mm / 6-15/16 inches
Height: 57 mm / 2-1/4 inches
Weight: 690 g / 1 lbs. 9 oz.
The VT-3 Box Includes:
(1) Roland VT-3 Voice Transformer
(1) Owner's manual
(1) Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
(1) AC adaptor