PreSonus AudioBox USB Recording System
About This Product
PreSonus AudioBox USB 2x2 USB Recording SystemIf you are a mobile musician or podcaster on a tight budget who relies mostly on software except for a couple of mics or instruments, and your computer is equipped with USB but not FireWire, we have just the recording interface for you: the AudioBox USB.
This simple, handy little box connects to a computer via USB 1.1, so it works with virtually any PC or Mac, not just newer models. And it has just the right features for your basic recording needs—neither more nor less.
The AudioBox USB may be small and simple, but it boasts PreSonus quality inside and out. It offers excellent audio performance, thanks to two dual-purpose front-panel mic/instrument inputs with sweet-sounding Class A mic preamplifiers and professional-quality, 24-bit converters that sample at up to 48 kHz.
You get a pair of line-level outputs and an ultra-loud, crystal-clear headphone output. MIDI In and Out ports ensure that you can use control surfaces and keyboards without requiring a separate MIDI interface.
This is a mobile interface in the best sense of the term. It weighs just 5 pounds and can sit on a tabletop or can be mounted in 1/3 of a rackspace. It’s powered by the USB bus, so you don’t have to mess with a “wall wart” power supply or AC cord. And it’s built to withstand the rigors of travel.
So toss the AudioBox USB in your laptop bag and take it to your gig, to your hotel room, even to the beach (but be careful about sun and sand!). Wherever your travels take you, your AudioBox USB will be ready to perform.
The Finishing TouchesWe could have stopped right there, but it’s not our way to stop when we can give you even more for your money. So we included an internal analog mixer with zero-latency monitoring, enabling you to monitor recorded tracks and overdubs with no annoying delay time.
Then we added the finishing touch by bundling a free copy of our amazing Studio One® Artist DAW software for Mac and Windows.
So if you’re looking for a 2-in, 2-out USB recording interface with exceptional sound quality, look no further than the AudioBox USB. Because sometimes a simple, well-made, well-designed solution is exactly what you need.
PreSonus AudioBox USB Features:• 2 dual-purpose front-panel input channels, each with high-quality mic preamplifiers
• 2 combo mic/instrument inputs
• Individual channel-trim controls with 0 to +35 dBu mic gain range
• 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
• Mixer control (blends the input signal with the computer playback stream for zero-latency monitoring)
• Headphone jack with level control
• Main-output level control
• LED clip indicator for each channel
• 1 USB 1.1 port
• 2 combo XLR/¼” mic/instrument inputs
• 2 balanced ¼” main (L/R) line outputs
• 1 stereo ¼” headphone output
• MIDI in/out
• 24-bit resolution and 44.1 and 48 kHz sampling rate
• Professional-grade A/D/A converters (+102 dBu dynamic range)
• Zero-latency monitoring via internal mixer
• Mac®- and Windows®-compatible, including Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and Windows 7
• Supports ASIO, Core Audio, Direct Sound (Windows XP), Windows Audio Session API (Windows Vista and Windows 7)
• 1/3U rack-mountable (with optional 3UMR rack-mounting system)
• Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
• Weighs just 5 lbs/2.3 kg
• Powered via USB bus—no wall wart!
• Bundled Software
• Studio One® Artist 2
PreSonus AudioBox USB Specifications
|Type||XLR Female Balanced|
|Frequency Response (±3.0 dB)||14 Hz to 70 kHz|
|Input Impedance (Balanced)||1200Ω|
|THD+N (unwtd, 1 kHz @ +4 dBu Output, Unity Gain)||< 0.008%|
|S/N Ratio (Unity Gain, Ref. = +4 dBu, 20 Hz to 22 kHz)||> 95 dB|
|Common Mode Rejection Ratio (1 kHz, 55 dB Gain)||> 45 dB|
|Gain Control Range (± 1 dB)||0 dB to 35 dB|
|Max Input Level (Unity Gain, 1 kHz @ 0.5% THD+N)||-3 dBu|
|Phantom Power (±2 VDC)||+48 VDC|
|TS Female Unbalanced Input Impedance||0.5 MΩ|
|Balanced Output Impedance||51Ω|
|Type||¼" TRS Active Stereo|
|Maximum Output||60 mW/Ch @ 60Ω Load|
|Frequency Response (±1.0 dB)||20 Hz - 30 kHz|
|Type||Dual 5-pin Female DIN|
|ADC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate)||105 dB|
|DAC Dynamic Range (A-wtd, 48 kHz Sample Rate)||105 dB|
|Reference Level for 0 dBFS||+4 dBu|
|Internal Sample Frequency Selections (kHz)||44.1, 48|
|Dimensions||1/3U (steel chassis)|
|Height||5.5” (139.7 mm)|
|Depth||1.75" (44.45 mm)|
|Width||5.5” (139.7 mm)|
|Weight||5 lbs (2.27 kg)|
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for AudioBox USB.
- Windows® XP SP3, Vista x64/x32 SP2, Windows 7 x64/x32 SP1, Windows 8 x64/x32
- Intel® Core™ Duo or AMD Athlon™ X2 processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X4 or better recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
- Mac® OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Intel Core Duo processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or Intel Core i3 or better recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
Windows and Mac Systems
- USB 2.0 Port
- Internet connection (only for activation)
- DVD-ROM drive
- Monitor with at least 1024x768 resolution
- 20 GB hard-disk space
- Internal or external 7200 RPM storage drive highly recommended
The PreSonus AudioBox USB Box Includes:
(1) PreSonus AudioBox USB Recording Interface
(1) 6FT USB Cable
(1) AudioBox Driver and Manual CD
(1) PreSonus Studio One Artist Program DVD plus gigabytes of third-party content