Mackie XR824 8-inch Professional Studio Monitor * $100 Instant Rebate
About This Product
Reveal Your True Mix
You are passionate about your music, your projects and your mix. XR Series monitors reproduce your work with incredible accuracy and clarity across the entire frequency range bringing you closer to your mix than ever before.
A breath of fresh air
When diving into your mix, hearing every detail is essential. XR monitors deliver a level of detail and sensitivity that reveals things you didn’t know were in your mix before. Utilizing key technologies developed using Mackie's vast acoustic design experience, XR monitors translate your mix in a way that feels natural and accurate without the fatigue that other monitors can bring after long hours at the mixing desk.Experience unmatched clarity, accuracy and performance with XR Series Professional Studio Monitors.
The result of countless hours of tuning, listening and development, XR monitors deliver an accurate, flat response and professional level performance for modern studios.
Precise - Kevlar Woofer
XR series monitors are equipped with an extremely rigid, ultra-low distortion Kevlar woofer which maintains it's shape even under a high amount of stress. This provides fast recovery from transients and incredibly accurate, detailed low-end compared to typical woofer types.
Efficient - Set And Forget
The eco-friendly Auto On/Off puts the monitor in stand-by after a period of time with no signal and back on as soon as signal is present. And the front-panel LED, set to the perfect non-intrusive brightness level, provides visual feedback keeping you informed on the monitor’s status.
Stunning - A True Beauty
Not only do monitors need to sound good, but they need to look good as well. XR monitors feature our classic black wood grain finish that is a beautiful addition to any studio. The front baffle is the perfect balance of sleek looks and unobtrusive design. And on the rear panel, you get robust metal toggle switches for all controls including room optimization and power modes.
Isolation - High-Density Foam Pad Included
Two hard surfaces that are touching (bottom of the monitor and top of your desk) tend to not sound very good when one is vibrating, so XR monitors come with a high-quality foam isolation pad to reduce unwanted vibration. This helps to optimize the low-end even further for the best possible accuracy and focused sound. The pad also allows for easy tilting of the monitor so it is always pointing at the correct angle.
Clarity - Logarithmic Waveguide
The XR logarithmic waveguide matches the high-frequency dispersion pattern to that of the woofer for a seamless midrange transition. It also recesses the tweeter so that its active area is on the same axis with the woofer, providing acoustic alignment of high and low frequencies for the perfect balance between articulate highs and midrange clarity.
Performance - ELP Bass Reflex System
Engineered for serious professional level performance, the ELP Bass Reflex System utilizes an extended length, internally curved design and eliptical, zero-turbulence exit providing extended low frequency response and greatly increased output capability. This design enables you to hear all the deep low end in every mix, even at high volumes without any "air noise" that plagues typical ports.
Adapt - Room Optimization
XR monitors are easily adaptable to suit your mixing environment to ensure a flat frequency response with three adjustable filters.
- Acoustic Space - Changes overall response to match most configurations.
- HF filter -Helps match the monitor your particular room.
- LF filter - Rolls off the low-end to simulate smaller desktop speakers.
Mackie XR824 8" Professional Studio Monitor Features:
- Professional level performance.
- Logarithmic waveguide provides acoustic alignment for balanced sound across the entire frequency spectrum.
- ELP Bass Reflex System engineered for zero turbulence, providing greatly increased output capability and extended low-frequency response.
- 1” black anodized aluminum tweeter reveals the finest details and upper harmonics of your mix.
- 8” Kevlar woofer offers fast transient recovery for incredibly accurate low frequency response.
- Specially designed internal bracing adds stiffness for reduced distortion and enhanced clarity.
- 160W bi-amplified Class-D amplification (100LF / 60HF.)
- Frequency response: 45 Hz – 22 kHz.
- Optimize XR monitors for your sound and mixing environment.
- Adjustable acoustic space filters maintain flat response in typical placement.
- HF filter applies boost or cut to compensate for particularly dull or bright sounding rooms.
- LF filter rolls of the low end to simulate smaller speakers for reference.
- Attention to detail.
- Eco-friendly auto turn-off / turn-on.
- Black wood grain finish for a classic studio feel.
- Included custom acoustic isolation pad reduces unwanted resonance and improves bass response.
Mackie XR824 Specifications:Acoustic Performance:
Frequency Response(-3 dB): 36Hz - 22 khz
Sound Pressure Level @ 1 meter, +4 dBu into Balanced Input: 109 dB SPL @ 1m
Maximum SPL Per Pair: 115 dB SPL @ 1m
Low Frequency: 8.0 in / 203 mm Kevlar woofer
High Frequency: 1 in / 25 mm black anodized aluminum tweeter
Low Frequency Power: 100 Watts
High Frequency Power: 60 Watts
Type: Class D power amplifier
Crossover Type: Linkwitz-Riley, 24 dB/octave
Crossover Frequency: 2.2 kHz
Low Frequency EQ: -3 dB @ 36 Hz, -3 dB @ 80 Hz
High Frequency EQ: +2 dB @ 10 kHz, shelving
Acoustic Space Filter:
Half: -2 dB @ 100 hz
Quarter: -4 dB @ 100 Hz
Input Impedance: 20 kΩ balanced bridging, 10 kΩ unbalanced
Input Type: Balanced Differential (XLR and 1/4" TRS)
Input Protection: RFI and Level Protected
Maximum Input Level: +20 dBu
AC Power Requirements:
3-pin IEC 250 VAC, 16 A male
100-120 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 150W
220-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 150W
115 VAC: T 2.5 AL / 250 V
230 VAC: T 1.25 AL / 250 V
Auto On/Off Standby Mode: < 0.5 Watts
Physical Dimensions and Weight:
Enclosure: All-wood MCF construction and internal cabinet bracing.
Damping: Open cell adiabatic "foam fill" acoustic battling.
Finish: Black wood grain vinyl and black paint.
Height: 16.8 in / 427 mm
Width: 10.8 in / 274 mm
Depth: 13.8 in / 351 mm
Weight: 34.6 lbs / 15.7 kg
(1) Mackie XR824 8-inch Professional Studio Monitor
(1) High-Density Foam Pad