Mackie ProFX22 22-Channel 4-Bus Professional Effects Mixer with USB
About This Product
Mackie ProFX22 22-Channel 4-Bus Professional Effects Mixer with USBThink of the Mackie ProFX22 22-channel 4-bus mixer as your "audio swiss army knife." If you've got a band or a midsized venue that needs pro sound - but don't have the space or budget for mountains of outboard gear - the ProFX22 is your sonic problem solver. Onboard, you've got 16 Mackie low-noise mic preamps, 3-band EQ with sweepable mids, integrated gig-ready effects, precision 7-band GEQ, and more. You'd need a semi for all this in the old days. Now Mackie packs it all into a great-sounding, roadworthy mixer! If you're in need of a new mixer, the Mackie ProFX22 should be on your short list.
Live Sound ToolboxSmaller performing acts typically play in places that may not have an engineer on hand. In fact, someone from the band might have double-duty as “The Sound Guy” for the group. If you are reading this, chances are that’s you. Let us pander to your obviously higher intellect… you are a professional and you need the tools to get the job done perfectly each and every show. High-headroom mic preamps with great-sounding effects, channel EQ, a built-in DI, plus precision GEQ to tune-up the room or monitor mix. Sounds good, right? The ProFX12 comes with all these features—it is truly the perfect live sound toolbox.
“Gig-Ready” RMFX™ EffectsThe all-new RMFX™ (Running Man FX) 32-bit effects processor brings “Gig Ready,” useable effects to your mixes. Why scroll through hundreds of bizarre effects, like “ghost ambience?” Yeah, like anyone even knows what that means. Or how about winners like “delay+phaser2”, which you’ll never use in a million years. Those other mixers will leave your fingers raw from all the scrolling you have to do. The RMFX™ processor features 16 solid FX that are known for their utility and usability. Small, medium and large room reverbs with a mix of warm and bright characteristics puts your mix in the right space. Simple, rich choruses and an array of practical delays enable you to create professional mixes without requiring a two-hour sound check. Basically, we’ve delivered the choicest parts of a full rack of gear, right at your fingertips, that is easy to master, allowing you to look and sound really good at your next gig. Really, really good.
Record and Stream via USBWith all the right tools for the job, the ProFX12 allows you to create memorable mixes, but even with all those features, portability is paramount and you can’t be burdened with lugging around additional equipment. No worries, integrated USB I/O takes the pain out of recording. Just connect the ProFX12 to a laptop, start up your included copy of Tracktion 3 Music Production Software (or almost any DAW software out there) and you can record the whole mix. You can even stream music from your laptop during breaks. Once you get home, record more tracks or use the ProFX12 to playback some tunes during your next party. Unless you’re anti-social, don’t have the right kind of place for a party or are just sick of buying food and beverages for everyone. In that case, you can play back whatever talk-radio show you listen to when alone.
Not only that, the innovative “USB Thru” switch allows for an impressive live/recording setup when using performance software like Ableton Live or Reason. When gigging, stream the output of your performance software (or iTunes, for that matter) into the ProFX12. Combine that signal with anything plugged into the mixer, and send the whole thing back to the computer for recording. Archiving your integrated live performances has never been easier!
Legendary Mackie DurabilityMackie is known for building mixers that are “Built-Like-A-Tank”, and the ProFX12 is no exception. All of its tender bits are securely encased in a solid steel chassis. No only that, the impact-resistant sidecheeks are made of ultra-tough ABS, adding extra protection where it is most likely to fall…not that you drop things.
Mackie ProFX22 Features:• Professional 22-channel 4-bus mixer with onboard effects and USB I/O
• 16 low-noise, high-headroom Mackie mic preamps with +50dB gain range
• Dedicated inline compression for critical inputs (ch. 11-14)
• 32-bit RMFX processor with 16 "Gig-Ready" reverbs, choruses and delays
• Precision 7-band graphic EQ for tuning mains and monitors
• USB I/O for recording shows and music playback via Mac or PC
• Stream subgroups 1-2 or main L/R to your computer for recording
• Stereo USB/tape I/O with input level control to main
• Convenient USB return to stereo channel for implementation of EQ, auxes and more
• 3-band EQ with sweepable midrange on mono channels
• 22 high-headroom line inputs (14 mono, 4 stereo)
• Individual channel mute switches and overload (OL) indicators
• 18dB/octave 100Hz low cut filters on all mic channels
• Inserts on mono mic/line channels (ch. 1-10) for connecting outboard processors
• 60mm faders for input channels, subgroups and mains
• 48V phantom power with LED for use with condenser mics
• FX mute button also controllable via footswitch
• Break switch mutes all channels for music playback between sets
• Control room / headphone outputs with rotary level control
• Balanced XLR and balanced/unbalanced 1/4" main outputs
• Rugged steel chassis
• Switching multi-voltage power supply for worldwide use
• Includes Tracktion 3 Music Production Software for Mac or PC
Mackie ProFX22 Specifications
|Inputs - Mic Preamps:||16|
|Inputs - Line:||22|
|Inputs - Other:||No Other Inputs|
|Outputs - Main:||2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4"|
|Outputs - Direct:||No Direct Outputs|
|Outputs - Other:||2 x RCA (Tape); 4x 1/4" (sub); 2 x 1/4" (CR)|
|Headphones:||1 x 1/4" (stereo)|
|Send/Return I/O:||3 x 1/4" (Send), 2 x 1/4" (Return)|
|EQ Bands:||3-band w/ sweepable mid; 7-band stereo graphic EQ|
|Aux Sends:||1 x 1/4" (FX Send), 1 x 1/4" (Mon Send), 2 x 1/4" (Return)|
|Channel Inserts:||Yes (CH 1-10)|
|Computer Connectivity:||1 x USB|
|Weight:||26 lbs. (shipping weight)|
The Mackie ProFX22 Box Includes:
(1) Mackie ProFX22 22-Channel 4-Bus Professional Effects Mixer with USB
(1) Power Cord
(1) Owner's Manual