JBL Professional PRX815W 15" Two-Way Full-Range Main System/Floor Monitor with Wi-Fi
About This Product
The JBL PRX815W is a full-range speaker designed for main system and floor monitor applications. Featuring a 15”, two-way, bass-reflex design powered by a 1500-watt class-D amplifier, PRX815W delivers incredible volume in a lightweight and compact form factor.
Complete Wireless Control with the PRX Connect App
PRX800W is the first PA system in its class to feature complete wireless control via Wi-Fi. The PRX Connect mobile app for iOS and Android connects wirelessly to every speaker, offering full control over the powerful built-in DSP. Set up, configure and optimize the performance of your live sound system—faster than ever before.
Walk around the venue during sound check and fine-tune your speakers to sound better as a system. Use the 8-band EQ, speaker delay, mute, gain and more to make sure your audience hears great sound from every corner of the room. It’s easy to configure shows offline and save presets. You can even find any connected speaker instantly with the useful Locator function.
JBL Professional PRX815W 15" Active Two-Way Full-Range Main System/Floor Monitor Features:
- Built-in Wi-Fi for wireless control of your system from anywhere in the venue.
- Free PRX Connect mobile app for iOS and Android provides wireless control over volume levels, 8-band parametric EQ and up to 50ms of speaker delay to fine-tune your sound.
- Class-leading 1500-watt amplifier delivers ample power to fill your venue.
- JBL Differential Drive transducers for higher SPL in a lightweight design.
- Next-generation JBL neodymium compression drivers.
- Redesigned Crown input technology, including XLR, 1/4” and RCA inputs plus XLR loop-through.
- Intelligent variable-speed fan activates only when needed to reduce noise.
- Updated tuning delivers flat frequency response and smooth off-axis behavior.
- Durable wooden cabinets, tour-proven DuraFlex finish and dent-resistant 16-gauge grilles.
- Universal power supply for worldwide compatibility.
- dbx Type IV limiting ensures clear, accurate sound at high volumes.
- Brutal testing regimen—including the famous JBL 100-hour power test—ensures reliable performance.
- Bands, DJs, and other performers who need a powerful, accurate, versatile PA system.
- Permanent PA in small clubs, bars, and other performance venues.
- Permanent PA for houses of worship and schools.
The PRX815W is comprised of 15” 275G Differential Drive woofer, a 2408H-2 37.5 mm (1.5 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 90° by 50° horn, all driven by 1500 watt Class-D power amplifier. Sophisticated DSP is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, cross-over functionality, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization. All PRX800 cabinets are built from a combination of 25 mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18 mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX800 Series cabinets are protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of 1000 lbs. each.
The amplifier input panel offers XLR or ¼ inch jack compatibility and a sensitivity switch provides extra flexibility, making it possible to connect literally any sound source without using a mixer. Signal present and overload lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level via the level control knob.
About the JBL PRX800W seriesThe JBL PRX800W series is the most advanced PA in its class. Wi-Fi technology and sophisticated DSP give you complete control over system tuning and performance via the free PRX Connect app. An efficient 1500-watt class-D amplifier and patented JBL Differential Drive technology provide best-in-class power and reduced weight. And the rugged all-wood cabinets feature a redesigned input panel and universal power supply for easy, reliable operation worldwide. Designed to deliver legendary JBL sound for bands, DJs and more, PRX800W represents the next generation in smart live sound reinforcement.
JBL PRX815W Specifications
|System Type||Self Powered 15”, two-way, bass-reflex|
|Maximum SPL||Normal: 137 dB|
Boost: 137 dB
|Frequency Range (-10 dB)||Main: 50-20k|
|Frequency Response (±3 dB)||Main: 56-20k|
|Input Connectors||2 x Balanced XLR / 1/4 inch input, 2 x unbalanced RCA input|
|Input Impedance||20K Ohms (balanced), 10K Ohms (unbalanced)|
|Signal indicators||Limit: Yellow LED indicates peak output has been reached and dsp limiter is acting Signal: Green LED indicates signal present Power: Blue indicates system has power and ready to pass audio|
|EQ||User selectable presets for Main or Monitor position, Advanced EQ settings available using Wi-Fi and PRX Connect application|
|Dynamic Control (Input)||dbx Type IV™ limiter circuit|
|Crossover Frequency||2.0 kHz|
|Design||Highly efficient Class-D amplifier|
|Power Rating||1500W (750W x 2)|
|AC Power Input||100V - 240V ~ 50/60 Hz|
|LF Driver||1 x JBL 275G (15 in) woofer|
|HF Driver||1 x JBL 2408H-2 37.5 mm (1.5 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver|
|Coverage Pattern||90° x 50° nominal|
|Directivity Index (DI)||10.2 dB|
|Directivity Factor (Q)||10.4|
|Enclosure||Asymmetrical, 18 mm, plywood|
|Suspension / Mounting||Dual 36 mm pole socket, 12 x M10 Suspension Points|
|Transport||1 x injection molded handle with backing cup|
|Finish||Obsidian DuraFlex™ finish|
|Grille||Powder coated, Obsidian, 16 gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent black cloth backing.|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||701 mm x 446 mm x 359 mm|
(27.6 in x 17.5 in x 14.1 in)
|Net Weight||21.6 kg (47.5 lb)|
|Gross Weight||26.3 kg (58.0 lb)|
(1) IEC Power Cable
(1) User's Guide