JBL Professional Control 24CT-BK 4" Background / Foreground Ceiling Speaker (sold in pairs)
About This Product
The Control 24CT-BK is a compact ceiling speaker providing premium performance in background, foreground and music-plus-paging sound systems. The Control 24CT-BK is perfectly suited for a wide variety of applications from professional offices and airports to restaurants and specialty retail stores. High power handling, wide frequency response and low distortion make the Control 24CT-BK ideal for sound systems requiring a higher fidelity sound from ceiling loudspeakers. The premium performance capability ensures excellent sound character, providing pleasant, enveloping sound throughout the listening area.JBL Professional Control 24CT-BK Ceiling Speaker Features:
- Coaxially mounted 100 mm (4 in) woofer with butyl rubber surround and 19 mm (¾ in) titanium coated diffraction-loaded tweeter.
- High power, wide frequency response and low distortion for high sound level capability.
- Wide coverage allows fewer speakers, reducing the cost of the installed sound system without sacrificing performance.
- Packaged with grille, backcan and tile rails for fast installation and easy dealer stocking.
- Black baffle and grille works well in black and dark ceiling.
The Control 24CT-BK includes a multitap transformer for 70V/100V systems. The computer-optimized ported enclosure delivers warm, smooth bass response. Low frequency output can be further augmented with the addition of one of the Control Contractor subwoofer models.
The 100 mm (4 in) woofer features a polypropylene-coated cone and pure butyl-rubber surround for long life, even in high humidity environments. An aluminum voice coil former provides extra cooling for greater long-term power handling.
The coaxially mounted 19 mm (3/4 in) titanium coated tweeter provides crisp, clear highs. Diffraction-loading of the tweeter provides wide, even coverage of the listening area. The extremely broad 130° coverage pattern allows for fewer speakers to be used, making for a simpler and less expensive installation.
|Freq. Range (-10 dB)||80 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Power Capacity||80 Watts Continuous Program Power; 40 Watts Continuous Pink Noise|
|Transformer Taps||70 V: 30W, 15W, 7.5W & 3.7W taps|
100 V: 30W, 15W, & 7.5W taps
|Nominal Sensitivity||86 dB SPL @ 1 m (3.3 ft)|
|Nominal Coverage Angle||130° conical coverage|
|Directivity Factor (Q)||2.4 averaged 500 Hz to 4 kHz|
|Directivity Index (DI)||3.8 averaged 500 Hz to 4 kHz|
|Transformer Insertion Loss||Max 0.8 dB|
|Low-Frequency Transducers||100 mm (4.0 in) Polypropylene-coated, 1" coil on aluminum former|
|High-Frequency Transducers||19 mm (0.75 in) Titanium coated polyester|
|Enclosure||Backcan: Formed steel|
Baffle/Rim: Medium impact polystyrene, fire rated UL94V-0
|Termination||Removable locking connector with screw-down terminals.|
2 input terminals and 2 loop-thru output terminals.
Max. wire size 12 AWG (2.5 mm)
|Outside Dimensions (H x Dia)||200 x 195 mm (7.9 x 7.7 in)|
184 mm (7.2 in) front of ceiling tile to back of backcan
|Cutout Size||168 mm (6.6 in)|
|Net Weight (ea)||3.5 kg (8 lb)|
|Shipping Weight (pair)||8.0 kg (18 lb)|
|Included Accessories||C-shaped support backing plate|
2 tile support rails (fits both 2 x 4 ft or 600 x 1200 mm tiles)
Removable locking wiring connector
The Control Control 23-1 Retail Box Includes:
(2) JBL Professional Control 24CT-BK 4" Background / Foreground Ceiling Speakers (black)
Each Control 24CT-BK Box Includes:
(1) JBL Professional Control 24CT-BK Background / Foreground Ceiling Speaker (black)
(1) C-shaped support backing plate
(2) Tile support rails (fits both 2 x 4 ft or 600 x 1200 mm tiles)
(1) Carboard cutout template (Cutout Size: 6.6 inches (168 mm)).
(1) Paint shield
(1) Removable locking wiring connector
The speakers are packaged in cardboard cutout templates which can be used for scribing the cutout hole onto your ceiling surface. The cutout size for the Control 24C/CT Micro and the Control 24CT MicroPlus is the same as the Regular Control 24C & CT.