Denon DJ MC4000 2-Channel Serato Controller with KRK Rokit RP5G3 5" Powered Monitor Speakers Package
About This Product
Denon DJ MC4000 2-Channel Professional Serato Controller
The all-new MC4000 is a 2-deck Serato MIDI controller for the professional DJ, wrapping in demand audio manipulation tools in a robust steel chassis. In addition to precision touch-activated jog wheels, performers get access to dedicated hot cue and sample pads for on-the-fly creativity. Long-throw 100mm pitch faders and an intuitive control layout deliver natural operation when balancing complex set elements. Known for their emphasis on sound quality, Denon DJ includes a premium 24-bit audio output path for noticeably clearer mixes. Denon DJ’s highly regarded dual microphone inputs are complemented by a studio-grade echo effect, and “ducking” feature—effortlessly moving vocals to the top of the mix without riding faders. The MC4000 includes Serato DJ Intro and will be compatible with Traktor 2, and Virtual DJ 8.
“The MC line has always represented premium features for discerning DJs,” noted Silvio Zeppieri, Denon DJ Product Manager. “The new MC4000 punches well above its weight by including the tools DJs need to drive a memorable event. The layout, portability, audio quality, the inputs and outputs—it’s spot-on for Mobile Entertainers, and we cannot wait for the world to get their hands on it.”
When you're driving a high-performance car on a twisty mountain road, the last thing you want is to have your concentration broken by having to search for awkwardly-placed controls. Same thing with your controller: When the action is hot and you're in the groove, you want the controller to be an extension of your thoughts and intentions. The MC4000 puts a special emphasis on usability, where everything is located and spaced for optimum workflow. Unlike competitive units, there is no confusing, dense multi-functionality hiding in frustrating fashion beneath each pad.
On the contrary, the pads are directly accessible, grouped into logical, intuitive groups. Hot Cues, Loops and Sampler controls in specific, dedicated locations invite frequent, error-free use. Gone are the days of having to remember which ambiguous mode switch to push in order to activate the function you need at that immediate instant.
Plays Well with Others
The MC4000 includes Serato DJ Intro and is user-upgradable to full Serato DJ. It’s also compatible with Traktor 2, Algoriddim djay Pro and Virtual DJ 8, as well as any other DJ application that supports MIDI mapping. This enables the DJ to use their use their favorite programs and customize their performance according to their personal style and the requirements of the situation.
With a well-deserved reputation for their emphasis on sound quality, Denon DJ includes a premium 24-bit audio output path for noticeably clearer mixes. Denon DJ's highly regarded dual microphone inputs are complemented by a studio-grade echo effect, and “ducking” feature—effortlessly moving vocals to the top of the mix without riding faders.
In addition, each microphone input has its own 2-band LF/HF EQ, for exact sound customization. In keeping with Denon Professional's superlative sound heritage, the microphone pre-amps boast truly low-distortion, low noise, high headroom sound characteristics, making the MC4000 especially well-suited to applications where the ultimate musical sound quality is of paramount importance, such as weddings, Mitzvahs, etc.
Putting it Together
Denon DJ's Controller line has always represented premium features for discerning DJs. The MC4000 punches well above its weight by including the tools that professional DJs need to drive a memorable event. The layout, solid construction, portability, audio quality, the multiple inputs and outputs—it all adds up to a spot-on performance for the demanding mobile entertainer.
- Premium 2-Deck controller for Serato.
- Includes Serato DJ Intro; user-upgradeable to Serato DJ.
- Touch-activated jog wheels for accurate scratching and track cueing.
- Dedicated hot-cue and sample trigger pads with illuminated feedback.
- Long-throw, 100mm pitch faders.
- All-new control layout for effortless, intuitive use.
- Dedicated EQ and FX controls on each channel.
- (2) balanced mic inputs with 2-band EQ, Ducking, and Echo effect.
- Compatible with Traktor 2 (via .tsi files) and Virtual DJ 8.
- RCA Aux input for external device mixing.
- Balanced Main and Booth Outputs.
- Pro-grade steel construction.
- Compatible with Traktor 2 (via .tsi files), Algoriddim djay Pro and Virtual DJ 8.
KRK Rokit 5 G3 RP5G3 5" Powered Studio Monitor Speaker
KRK Systems is one of the world’s most respected manufacturers of studio reference monitors. In their state of the art design facility, KRK engineers create products that deliver natural and balanced spectral response with low distortion and superior imaging. KRK Studio Monitors have been the professional’s choice of recording engineers and artists for mixing and mastering hit records around the globe, as they need to hear every nuance of the audio being reproduced. KRK ROKIT Generation 3 monitors continue in this design philosophy, so regardless of your musical style, genre, or particular mixing needs, KRK Rokits deliver.
ROKIT 5 Powered Monitor - Generation 3
KRK's ROKIT 5 G3 (Generation 3) powered studio monitors offer professional performance and accuracy for recording, mixing, mastering and playback. The system consists of a 1” soft dome tweeter and 5” glass-Aramid composite woofer. It delivers high frequencies up to 35kHz, vocal clarity and extended bass response. The proprietary bi-amped, class A/B amplifier grants SPL up to 106dB. The ROKIT waveguide is designed to ensure detailed imaging in the listening position. The front-firing bass port reduces boundary coupling to allow flexible positioning in the room while the engineered surface reduces diffraction distortion. Multiple input connections ensure the ROKIT 5 G3 will easily integrate in any system configuration.
As one of the most used Studio monitors in the world, the ROKIT 5 is a high valuable and compact solution towards an accurate mix.
Rokit 5 G3 Features:
- Bi-amped, class A/B amplifier offering large headroom and low distortion.
- Proprietary waveguide optimized for superior imaging.
- 1” Soft-dome tweeter provides pristine clarity & extended response up to 35kHz.
- High-frequency adjustment tailors the system to personal taste.
- Lightweight, glass-Aramid composite woofer delivers clear midrange & tight bass.
- Low-frequency adjustment tailors the monitors to taste and adjusts for room acoustics.
- Front Firing Port — Low-frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling.
- Radiused edges reduce distortion from diffraction.
- Low-resonance enclosure for minimized distortion and colorization.
- Multiple audio input connectors (XLR, ¼”, RCA) for universal connectivity in any studio environment.
- Factory installed foam pad provides isolation between the speaker and surface.
- Peak SPL : 106dB.
- Frequency Response 45Hz - 35kHz (+/- 2 dB).
Denon DJ MC4000 Specifications
USB Audio / MIDI Interface
Sampling Rate: 44.1, 48 kHz (0 channels in, 4 channels out)
Bit Depth: 24 bit
20 Hz – 20 kHz (+1.0 dB)
Digital-to-Analog Converter: > 112 dB (A-weighted)
Total: > 105 dB (A-weighted)
> 88 dB, A-weighted
Aux Input: > 17 dB
Mic Input: > 20 dB
Outputs: > 20 dB
< 0.01% (1 kHz at unity)
< -80 dB (1 kHz at unity)
Microphone: -60 dBu (minimum), -40 dBu (unity)
Aux: +17 dBV (maximum), 0 dBV (unity)
Master (XLR): +24 dBu (maximum), +4 dBu (unity)
Master (RCA): +19 dBu (maximum), 0 dBu (unity)
Booth: +24 dBu (maximum), +4 dBu (unity)
Headphone: > 100 mW at 40 Ω
Equivalent Input Noise: < -116 dBu (Rs = 150 Ω, DIN)
Common Mode Rejection Ratio: > 75 dB
Talkover: -20 dB attenuation, 40 ms attack time, 250 ms hold time, 100 ms release time
Echo: 199 ms rate, -6 dB feedback, -∞ to 0 dB range (-9 dB center)
EQ: +15 dB high band (1 kHz cutoff), +15 dB low band (1 kHz cutoff)
19.9 (W) x 12.3 (D) x 2.7 (H) (Inches)
505 (W) x 312 (D) x 69 (H) (Millimeters)
Unit Weight with Carton:
Supported Operating Systems:
Mac OS X: 10.8, 10.9, 10.10
Windows: 7, 8, 8.1
i3, i5 or i7 32 & 64 bit: 1.07 GHz+
Core 2 Duo 32 bit: 2.0 GHz+ 64 bit: 2.4 GHz+
32 bit OS: 2 GB
64 bit OS: 4 GB
1 available USB 2.0 port
Note: Intel Processors are required for use with Serato DJ Software
KRK ROKIT 5 G3 Technical Specifications
- Configuration: 2-Way
- System type: Active Studio Monitor
- Low-Frequency: 5" Aramid Glass Composite woofer
- Mid-Frequency: N/A
- High-Frequency: 1" soft dome tweeter
- Frequency Response: 45Hz - 35kHz
- Max Peak SPL: 106 dB
- Amplifier Class: Class A-B
- Power Output: 50W
- High Frequency: 20W
- Mid-Frequency: N/A
- Low Frequency: 30W
- Input Impedance (Ohms): 10 K Ohm balanced
- HF Level Adjust: -2dB, -1dB, 0, +1dB
- System Volume: (-30dB - +6dB)
- Indicators: Power
- Input Connectors:
- Unbalanced RCA
- Balanced 1/4" TRS
- Balanced XLR
- Enclosure Construction: MDF
- Finish: Black vinyl wrap
- Port Configuration: Front firing slot port
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 9.06" (230mm) x 7.28" (185mm) x 11.10" (282mm)
- Weight: 14.1 lbs (6.4 kg)
(1) Denon DJ MC4000 2-Channel Professional Serato Controller
(2) KRK Rokit 5 G3 RP5G3 5" Powered Studio Monitor Speakers
(2) American DJ 12FT XLR to XLR Cables
The MC4000 Box Includes:
(1) Denon DJ MC4000 Professional Serato Controller
(1) USB Cable
(1) Power Adapter
(1) Software Download Card
(1) Serato DJ Voucher Card
(1) User Guide
(1) Safety & Warranty Manual
(1) KRK Rokit 5 G3 RP5G3 Powered Studio Monitor Speaker
(1) Power Cord
(1) User guide & warranty card
(1) American DJ 12FT XLR to XLR Cable [XL-12]