Denon DJ Axis12 12" Powered Speaker System
About This Product
Denon DJ Axis12 Active 2000-Watt 12” 2-Way Coaxial Speaker System
Devon DJ a leading manufacturer of premium DJ products and solutions, today announced the introduction of its new Axis Series of high-output, self-powered speakers. Designed to deliver superb sound for the most demanding portable music playback applications, the product family consists of two satellite main speakers (models Axis 8 and Axis 12) and a companion subwoofer (model Axis 12S).
The Axis 8 and Axis 12 both utilize a novel coaxial design where the high frequency compression driver is mounted coaxially (at the apex) of the system’s low-frequency driver. This design—known as coincident mounting—ensures a time and phase coherent output, which markedly improves definition and clarity. The coaxial driver design also reduces the cabinet height by more than 30% compared to conventional speakers, making for compact units with markedly reduced visual bulk for maximized audience sight lines—a critical consideration for live performances.
Denon DJ Axis12 Highlights:
• High-power 2000-watt Class D digital bi-amplification
• Massive power, light weight and reliability
• Precision coaxial drivers
• Optimized music performance in a compact enclosure
• Long-excursion woofers deliver deep, punchy bass and high acoustic output
• Coaxially-mounted 1.75” high-frequency compression driver with 1” acoustic aperture
• Speakers’ sound is propagated in a seamless, uninterrupted time envelope
• Coaxial design reduces cabinet height by over 30% vs. conventional speakers
• Uniform horizontal and vertical dispersion delivers optimum sound coverage
• On-board DSP controls an internal 5-band parametric EQ