QSC KLA12 1000 Watt 2-way Active Line Array Speakers with 12" Woofers in White Package
About This Product
QSC KLA12 1000 Watt 2-way Active Line Array Speaker with 12" Woofer in White
The KLA Series brings the power and sophistication of a line array system into an easy-to-use product significantly redefining the line array product category. With its simple Lift, Click and Play approach, KLA can be deployed in a fraction of the time required by comparable line array products.
This fixed arcuate, active line array system is ideal for a wide range of portable and permanently installed applications ranging from live entertainment to houses of worship or other venues where a line array system is desired.
KLA Power Module
The KLA Series is comprised of two models, the KLA12 12-inch, 2-way loudspeaker and the KLA181 18-inch subwoofer. The KLA12 features a highly efficient 500 watt by 500 watt power amp module and the KLA181 offers the same highly efficient power amp module in a 1,000 watt configuration. This efficient design enables up to five KLA models (any combination of KLA12 and KLA181) to be driven off of a single 15 amp, 120 volt electrical circuit.
KLA loudspeakers incorporate QSC's DEEP DSP algorithm - providing extended bass response by actively managing potentially damaging low-frequency transients - and GuardRail circuitry protection which prevents the amplifier module from unnatural and destructive clipping.
As an energy saving feature, the Auto Standby mode automatically engages after five minutes of inactivity but upon resumption of audio signal, the power module on the KLA will awaken instantly for immediate output.
In an installed application, multiple KLA Series loudspeakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot wired to the on-board Phoenix-style connector. Additional power module characteristics on KLA include a balanced, line-level XLR input in parallel with an XLR "Thru" connector, PowerCon In and Thru connectors, Attenuation Control and LED indicators for Signal, Limit, Power and Standby status.
Rigging & Deployment
For maximum deployment flexibility, KLA loudspeakers can be either ground deployed or flown. As a ground stack, up to two KLA12 enclosures can be mounted over the KLA181 or the KW181 subwoofer via a threaded pole socket, or without a sub using an appropriately rated loudspeaker stand.
Arrays of up to 480 lbs (218 kg) (with a maximum five KLA12 and two KLA181 enclosures) can be flown via the included M10 fittings or the optional KLA AF12 array frame.
- 500 W + 500 W power module.
- Rugged, ABS enclosure delivers light-weight durability.
- SOLO Rigging System supports deployment without tools or external hardware.
- Ar-Q Frequency Optimization quickly tunes the array with the click of a dial, adjusting for the appropriate number of boxes.
- 10:1 design factor supports arrays of up to 480 lbs. (218 kg) 5 × KLA12 and 2 × KLA181.
- 90° × 18° nominal coverage (requires only five boxes to configure a 90° x 90° array).
- High power, 12” low frequency driver provides extension down to 44Hz without subwoofers.
- Extensive DSP further enhances and protects performance.
- 1.75” diaphragm compression driver delivers clear and powerful high-frequency reproduction.
- powerCON Input and Thru connections.
- Tilt-Direct pole mount assists directivity in single-unit applications.
Shure BLX24/SM58 Handheld Wireless System
Features SM58 Handheld Microphone
This package includes the BLX4 receiver and the BLX handheld transmitter with a SM58 mic capsule. The BLX transmitter features a popular mic capsule, a rugged and reliable ABS polymer chassis and frame, a 10 dB pad, an On/Off ergonomic push-button switch, and a single bi-color LED battery indicator. The BLX4 is a half-rack sized wireless receiver built into a rugged, polymer ABS chassis. It features advanced capabilities usually unavailable in wireless systems in this price range.
Shure BLX24/SM58 Features:
- Up to 12 compatible systems per frequency band (region dependent).
- Microprocessor-controlled internal antenna diversity.
- One-touch QuickScan frequency selection quickly locates the best frequency.
- 1/4” and XLR audio outputs.
Shure SM58 Vocal Microphone
Legendary vocal microphone, tuned to accentuate the warmth and clarity of lead and back-up vocals.
The legendary Shure SM58 vocal microphone is designed for professional vocal use in live performance, sound reinforcement, and studio recording. Its tailored vocal response for sound is a world standard for singing or speech. A highly effective, built-in spherical filter minimizes wind and breath "pop" noise. A unidirectional (cardioid) pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise.
Rugged construction, a proven shock-mount system, and a steel mesh grille ensure that even with rough handling, the SM58 will perform consistently, outdoors or indoors.
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened midrange and bass rolloff.
- Uniform cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source and minimizes background noise.
- Pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise.
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter.
- Supplied with break-resistant stand adapter which rotates 180 degrees.
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability.
- Cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic.
- Frequency response: 50 to 15,000 Hz.
- Replacement cartridge: R59.
QSC KLA12 Specifications
1.75” diaphragm compression driver
12” cone transducer
|Frequency Response (-6 dB)||49 Hz to 18 kHz|
|Frequency Range (-10 dB)||44 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Nominal Coverage||90° H x 18° V|
|Maximum SPL (1 meter)||131 dB peak|
|Power Output||HF: 500 W Class D continuous
LF: 500 W Class D continuous
|Input Impedance||XLR: 40 kΩ balanced / 20 kΩ unbalanced|
|Controls||Power, Attenuation, LF Setting (External Sub/Normal/DEEP™), Array Size (1-5), Front LED (Pwr/Limit/Off)|
|Indicators||Power, Signal, Standby, Limit|
|Connectors||Balanced female XLR line level input, Balanced male XLR full range line level out, Remote attenuation control, Locking powerCON power connector AC In, Locking powerCON® power connector AC Out|
|Cooling||On demand, 50 mm variable speed fan|
|Amplifier Protection||Thermal limiting, output overcurrent, overtemperature muting, GuardRail™|
|Transducer Protection||Thermal limiting, excursion limiting|
|AC Power Input||Universal power supply 100–240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz|
|AC Power Consumption
|100 VAC, 2.3 A
120 VAC, 2.01 A
230 VAC, 1.13 A
|Material||Impact resistant ABS|
|Finish||Black or white paint|
|Grille||Rugged powder coated steel grille|
|Dimensions (HWD)||15.0" × 23.4" × 16.6"
(382 mm × 594 mm × 422 mm)
|Weight (Net)||55 lb (25 kg)|
|Available Accessories||KLA12 tote, K Series M10 Kit, KLA AF12 Array Frame|
Shure SM58 Specifications
|Type||Dynamic (moving coil)|
|Frequency Response||50 to 15.000 Hz|
|Polar Pattern||Unidirectional (cardioid), rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency|
This Package Includes:(2) QSC KLA 12 Active Line Array Loudspeakers
(1) Shure BLX24/SM58 Handheld Wireless System
(2) QSC KLA12 Tote bags
(3) 20FT XLRF to XLRM Sure-Fit Connecting Cables
(2) Black 10FT 16 Gauge AC Extension Cords
Each QSC KLA12 Box Includes:
(1) KLA12 Speaker Assembly
(1) Quick-Start Guide
(1) Warning Information Sheet
(1) AC powerCON Power Cord (CEE 7/7), 3.6 Meter
(1) AC powerCON Power Cord (NEMA 5-15 - USA style), 12 Foot
(1) XLR Audio Loop-thru Cable, 2 Foot
(1) powerCON Loop-thru Power Cord, 2 Foot
(1) Euro-style Connector Plug, 3-pin
The Shure BLX24/SM58 Box Includes:
(1) BLX4R Rack Mount Receiver
(1) BLX2/SM58 Handheld Wireless Microphone Transmitter
(2) AA Batteries
(1) User Manual
(1) Swivel Stand Adapter
(1) Storage Bag
(1) Microphone Clip
(1) User Guide